Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Disk Usage Very High. This is not Uncommon...

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 HYTTIOAOA

HYTTIOAOA

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:22 PM

Posted 02 October 2016 - 05:00 PM

This is really strange as there was no file transfer or disk writing going on at the time so I have no idea why this is happening. This probably isn't malware because I already had a discussion about malware in the malware section of bleeping computer, and they said I was clean and to come here.

I will upload two images for viewing to see what might be going on, but I understand this isn't full evidence for a problem, however, I can say that this is not uncommon to see, and seems to rapidly fluctuate at times...

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,391 posts
  •  

Posted 02 October 2016 - 05:56 PM

If you sort the Disk Column you should be able to see the application that is using the disk.  Normally this is RAM related, but it doesn't look like that is your issue since your RAM usage is low.

#3 HYTTIOAOA

HYTTIOAOA
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted 02 October 2016 - 06:07 PM

Yes I know and it seems service host is the top on the first photo. I posted a reply on malware and virus logs about a rootkit detected by GMER. That may be it...

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,866 posts
  •  

Posted 02 October 2016 - 08:24 PM

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/628386/gmer-detected-a-rootkit/ , you are being assisted in your malware topic.

To avoid confusion, I am closing this topic pending outcome of your malware topic.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users