Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to get Pics from CANON EOS 300D onto Windows 7 64 Bit Computer

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 vandexa1

vandexa1

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:06 AM

Posted 02 October 2016 - 02:15 PM

i PURCHASED A USED CANON REBEL EOS 3OOD CAMERA which did not come with the software. How do I get my pics off the camera & onto my Windows 7 64 Bit Computer? Please, please help :)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,162 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:06 PM

Posted 02 October 2016 - 02:25 PM

Did you get the cable to attach it to the computer, if so I have found when you plug it the menu applet opens.  Click on each item one usually dcim has the photos, I copy and paste the photos into a fold the computer has -0- problem reading them.

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,299 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:06 PM

Posted 02 October 2016 - 02:42 PM

http://www.sevenforums.com/music-pictures-video/11050-camera-scanner-wizard.html

You could also download the Canon software and install it, but that's probably not really necessary.

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 02 October 2016 - 02:43 PM.

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,449 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:06 PM

Posted 02 October 2016 - 03:03 PM

Your pics should be on a standard SD card. If you have a computer with a card reader it should be able to read the card so you can copy the files. You can also order the cable for connecting directly to the PC.

For your reference here is the manual.

http://www.hass.rpi.edu/files/1052

#5 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,011 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:06 PM

Posted 02 October 2016 - 04:01 PM

As JohnC said, the simplest way is to take the card out of the camera and put it the card reader slot if you are using a laptop, then use Windows Explorer to move the images to wherever you want them. Almost all laptops have an SD card reader slot.

If you are using a computer which doesn't have a built-in card reader then you can readily buy USB card readers. Put the card in the reader, plug it into a USB slot and Windows Explorer as above. They are even quite cheap, you definitely won't need a second mortgage !

Chris Cosgrove

I am going to be away until about the 22nd October. Time on-line will be reduced and my internet access may be limited. PMs may not be replied to as quickly as normal !

#6 vandexa1

vandexa1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:06 AM

Posted 04 October 2016 - 08:10 AM

I did it, I handle it themselves. Great.

ringtones

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users