Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Win7 install problem

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bizman123

bizman123

• Members
  • 83 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:37 PM

Posted 02 October 2016 - 02:07 PM

I had to reinstall Win7 on one of my home computers and was following the instructions posted in here on Dalai's site I believe for sequential standalone updates after initial installation so that updates will occur. I was following the path below all from stick while having internet disconnected and auto updater set to off.

KB3102810
KB3138612
KB3109094
KB3164033
KB3078601
KB3145739
KB3168965
KB3185911

After and between each of the first three there was a request to restart (expected)and they went fine.
Upon installing 4033, computer became unstable and froze up upon clicking restart now. I can't seem to uninstall update. I've rebooted, and it becomes unstable again.

Is there a way to fix this and move on without starting from scratch and reinstalling everything?

gosh I hate computers

Kevin

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,224 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:37 PM

Posted 02 October 2016 - 02:27 PM

Try going into safe mode when you boot to do the delete.

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

#3 bizman123

bizman123
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 83 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:37 PM

Posted 02 October 2016 - 02:34 PM

Okay, how do you do the uninstall in safe mode?

Sorry, no IT experience here.

Kevin

#4 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,224 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:37 PM

Posted 03 October 2016 - 06:45 AM

Go into control panel to uninstall programs, on the upper left click view installed update.  click on the culprit then hit remove.

Edited by OldPhil, 03 October 2016 - 06:47 AM.

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users