Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

whats the best for gaming system

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Hosni

Hosni

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 01 October 2016 - 09:31 PM

Hi !
I hava a simple qeustion ! Whats the best windows for a better gaming experience (windows 8.1 or 10)
And performance+stability for my laptop ??

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SEANIA

SEANIA

• Members
  • 377 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:40 AM

Posted 03 October 2016 - 07:05 AM

Depends.

Windows 10 gets the best performance in newer games, but can be wildly unstable.

Its stability is largely dependent on the computer in question. On some it's perfectly stable. While with others it's a mess that crashes constantly. However it rarely seems to crash from games alone. The performance boost is up to 40% in some newer games over Windows 7 or Windows 8, as it has DX12 built in that auto-retrofits some small performance features to older games. It also has less overhead so games can use a bit more of the computer without windows getting in the way as much. 

Windows 7 has the best stability, backwards compatibility for older games, and performance in said older games. Which is nice if you play on a weak computer that only has enough power to play older games from around 2000-2010.

Windows 8 sits somewhere in between in terms of games. It can play new games slightly better then W7, but not nearly as well as W10. Its backwards compatibility is almost as bad as W10 though, but unlike W10 they'll usually launch and run....with a worse frame rate then W7 though. Lastly its overhead is also lower then W7 giving it slightly more performance in newer games, but it doesn't compare to W10.

You didn't say what laptop you have. Even if you did, I don't think anyone here could tell you whether or not Windows 10 would be stable on it. Which you should choose is up to you, and which you think fits the kind of games you play. 

Edited by SEANIA, 03 October 2016 - 07:06 AM.

99% of the time, I edit for type-o's and grammar. I'll note it if that's not the case. 

I write near essays for most my responses, and then try to condense as best I can to the introduction of one. Less is more. Let me know if I post to much. 

I do a lot of spacing for readability. Let me know if that makes my posts seem to big. 

#3 SherrySnow

SherrySnow

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:40 PM

Posted 16 October 2016 - 10:43 PM

You need to specify what your PC specs as it depends mainly on specs rather than what system you are on. 

#4 Xoctane

Xoctane

• Members
  • 114 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:40 AM

Posted 08 November 2016 - 10:32 AM

I don't think there's a reason to consider 8. If you have a DX12 compatible card, go with 10 to avoid going through an upgrade later.

#5 tomtiha

tomtiha

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:40 AM

Posted 30 December 2016 - 04:38 AM

I think Windows 10 is more compatible for the newer games. Many features are upgraded in 10.

#6 Trunks2017

Trunks2017

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:40 AM

Posted 12 January 2017 - 02:42 PM

Windows 10 has never given me any issues with Gaming. Whereas windows 8...oh boy oh boy.

#7 Max-from-DeskRoll

Max-from-DeskRoll

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:40 AM

Posted 24 January 2017 - 03:59 AM

I don't have any issues on Windows 10, including my gaming experience. But I have a desktop rig. So far, liking windows 10 very much.

#8 nordman

nordman

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 02 February 2017 - 11:44 AM

depends. Personally= I have win 8.1 and I like it 

#9 SMWade

SMWade

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:10 PM

Posted 26 October 2017 - 12:36 AM

Hello Hosni! It depends on which games you want to play. Different games require different minimum specifications. If you are a hardcore gamer, go to win 10. Recently My friends who play games too much updated his PC to win 10 for playing Destiny 2. To know about Specification of game you want to play, You can Click here.

Hope this helps!

#10 wendellhill

wendellhill

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:40 AM

Posted 23 November 2017 - 05:03 AM

Well, I think Windows 10 is good for gaming. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users