Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ie6 Needs To Shut Down

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 cubs

cubs

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:26 PM

Posted 21 August 2006 - 01:18 AM

I have a fresh install of Windows98SE. I then installed IE6. Everything was fine for three days and then I got a message that IE needs to shut down. I looked at the details and the second group (I didn't read them all) listed Flash9OCX. I noticed that when IE6 opens, it loads OK until it starts in on what I think are Flash items, and then closes. I ran System Works 2003 and it said I was missing the file mscoree.dll; I looked this up and found that this was, according to what I read, part of the NET architechture - which I do not have.
I can use IE6 if I hit stop before what I think are Flash items begin to load, so long as I don't encounter any other Flash items - in which case I get the "needs to close" box again.
I've run registry and anti-spyware tools - nothing interesting was found. I have tried to access Adobe for some Flash help but I can't open it because IE6 will not touch what I think are the site's Flash items.
I repaired IE6 in the Add/Remove Programs menu on the control panel - nothing. I then downloaded IE6 setup (this was very quick - unusual) and installed IE6 again (also very quick -much, much less time than when I've installed it before) - it almost seems as if these two processes are the same.
I have a Gateway Essential with a Celeron 400 and recently upgraded the graphics card to a better one and installed 512RAM of used memory.
Can anyone here help?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:26 PM

Posted 21 August 2006 - 03:54 AM

Have you tried to uninstall Flash and re-install it?

Edited by acklan, 21 August 2006 - 03:55 AM.

"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users