Hi, looked around online for an answer but couldn't find one.
Last night while playing a game on my asus g74sx laptop i smelt hot plastic. I removed the charger to find the tip melted. Im looking for a way to identify whether this is due to a faulty charger or something internal to the laptop.
Some background information:
I cant remember why but i had the battery unplugged from the laptop for a few months and now it can only hold 10 seconds of charge.
Recently, the laptop would turn off suddenly as the power cord obviously became unplugged or stopped working momentarily so i put the battery back in to stop this.
Everything was fine for a few weeks but the laptop would frequently switch between ac mode and battery mode. And then last night the tip of the charging cord started to melt inside the laptop.
I got it out before any damage could be done to the laptop (the plastic tip of the charger is a little morphed but still plugs in).
I am wondering if this was caused by the charger or something internal like the charger connection or battery. I have no access to another charger to test if this is at fault.
Thanks in advance