I'm useless with computers, so I'm pretty helpless here. Any advice anyone can offer would be appreciated.
Long story short...
- Windows forced through a load of updates while I was away from my computer
- Things appeared to be working for a little while
- After being away from the computer again, I can only assume additional updates were installed
- I'm now stuck in the 'blue screen of death'; the error seems to be '0xc000021a'
- None of the advice I've found online (if it's not obvious, I'm using a different PC) helps, so I've decided to reinstall windows
- In order to do this, I'm trying to put the installation media on my SanDisk Cruzer Micro 8GB
- The computer recognises the disk (in that it shows up in MyComputer, etc.) but Microsoft's Setup software tells me 'we can't find a USB flash drive'
- Looking online this appears to be a common problem with SanDisk drives; my guess is that it's something to do with the Setup software reading the disk as 'fixed' (if that makes sense?)
I'm at a loss as to what to do. A lot of the online advice is far too technical for me to understand; if anyone here can offer advice or recommend programs that might be able to sort this out, I'd really appreciate it.
I can't quite express just how frustrating this is! I can't bear the thought of having to wipe all the data from my computer, so please assure me that won't be necessary.
Thanks in anticipation.