Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Having computer trouble

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 SneakyStabby

SneakyStabby

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:39 PM

Posted 01 October 2016 - 02:11 PM

My pc is running slower and slower these days, and since last week or so all my games have experienced issues, whenever I play a game at random intervals (in the in-game menu or in big climactic area that would decrease framerate) my game freezes for a second, then blacks out for another 2 only to resume normal (we'll touch on that) function
AND, every time I play ANY game (WoW, FO4, League of Legends), I get these weird graphical stretches that flash and spasm randomly all over the screen.
I just did a clean install to windows 10 hoping that would help, I've updated my GPU graphics card to most recent, changed how much ram I use etc.
computer specs as listed by NVidia
GPU: Geforce GTX 550 Ti
CPU: AMD FX-8320E Eight-Core Processor
Memory: 8.00 GB RAM (7.95 usable)
RES-1260 x 768, 60Hz
driver version: 372.90

if you guys need any more info I'm ready when you ask, thank you

PS. my pc also gets random 100% spikes of cpu and memory (not always together at the same time), when I'm just on a browser installing wow without any other programs open.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SEANIA

SEANIA

• Members
  • 377 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:39 AM

Posted 03 October 2016 - 07:15 AM

It sounds like the GPU is having issues. If you have it OCed then remove that. If not, I'd under-clock the VRAM on it, drop the core down 100mhz, and see if that helps. Also remove any OC on your CPU. 

I'd also run a RAM test to see if your RAM is going bad. Which might explain the random spikes in its usage. 

You installed the OS yourself so I think you can figure out how to burn and run it- http://www.memtest86.com/

Oh and make sure the CPU heat sink isn't clogged up with dust and to dust out the rest of the system to. It sounds dumb, but I've seen really weird things happen that went away after all the dust/grime was removed from the computer. 

Edited by SEANIA, 03 October 2016 - 07:18 AM.

99% of the time, I edit for type-o's and grammar. I'll note it if that's not the case. 

I write near essays for most my responses, and then try to condense as best I can to the introduction of one. Less is more. Let me know if I post to much. 

I do a lot of spacing for readability. Let me know if that makes my posts seem to big. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users