Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Restarts When Gaming(?)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Dukoda

Dukoda

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:13 AM

Posted 01 October 2016 - 12:59 PM

I wish I didn't have to resort to any type of forum, but this issue simply persists.

I built a PC about 2 years ago, and for the last 8 or so months, my computer will restart while playing a game.

It's not only with high-end games, it happens with Minecraft and Unturned as well.

It usually happens after about 3 hours of using the computer, and it'll suddenly crash completely,no warning, no freeze. The computer starts itself back up.

A few days ago, I bought a GTX 1080 because I wanted to upgrade my card regardless, and I hoped it would solve the issue. Now I've been through two cards, so the GPU is ruled out.

After reading up over the last few days, I'm suspecting my PSU may be having issues.

Something I've noticed: Sometimes it will crash at specific points. 

For example, when I play Unturned, I'll click Singleplayer, and the MOMENT I hit the play button, it crashes.

When I play CS:GO, it often crashes the moment I load into a map.

However this is not always the case, often times it'll crash randomly. This is ONLY when I play games, happens much more often with Steam games.

After upgrading my Video Card, these are my current specs:

Processor: Intel Core i7-4790K

Graphics card: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1080

Motherboard: Z97-GD65 GAMING

PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower GOLD 750W

RAM:Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB DDR3-1866 (8GBx2)

I'm willing to provide errors and whatnot, however I'm not the best with troubleshooting.

I'm considering just taking the gamble and buying a new PSU. I play for large amounts of time, sometimes upwards of 10 hours a day- so perhaps it's blown out since Summer of 2014.

Any help is greatly appreciated ):

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Dukoda

Dukoda
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 01 October 2016 - 08:31 PM

I didn't realize how inactive this community was: 50+ views no responses.

I bought a new PSU, higher wattage because why not.

Hopefully this solves the issue.

#3 Dukoda

Dukoda
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 12 October 2016 - 02:09 PM

Edit: SOLVED

I figured it out, and the issue is now solved.

I bought a new Power Supply Unit, and the problem is completely gone.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I want to thank all zero of you for the help! I couldn't have done it on my own :)

Amazing forum community :D

#4 Zone_86

Zone_86

• Members
  • 303 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:13 AM

Posted 22 October 2016 - 04:23 PM

Had i seen this I would have responded :) glad you worked it out though happy gaming.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users