Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Logitech Webcams

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 la2153

la2153

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:41 AM

Posted 20 August 2006 - 10:45 PM

HI. My other computer was an older unit with windows ME , I also have a HP all in one printer, I bought a logitech webcam & ran the install disc that came with it, The install disc changed my DLL files so the card reader in printer no longer would read the camera card. I have since bought a new computer with win XP . Is the same thing likely to happen If I run the install disc for web cam in win XP on new computer??Ive read others had similar problems when they set up a logitech webcam but didnt know what operating system they had..Id really appreciate any help or thoughts with this.. Thank you
Lorey Baumbach

//Mod edit: To remove email address to protect from spam bots.

Edited by KoanYorel, 20 August 2006 - 11:31 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:41 AM

Posted 21 August 2006 - 10:38 AM

You need to reinstall all your hardware and aps with updated drivers for XP.

I would suggest going to manufacturer's support sites for the printer and the camera and downloading the latest drivers and software for XP and storing them in a file you will be able to find when you install the devices. It is particularly important for the printer which must be installed per the manufacturer's instructions to function properly. If they have a read me or installation file txt or pdf file read it carefully.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users