Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Clean installed Windows 10. 2 major issues persist. 1.Freezing. 2.My computer sh

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 MiNuN

MiNuN

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:36 AM

Posted 01 October 2016 - 09:41 AM

I do not want to type down wrong assumptions. Please ask questions and I will answer to the best of my abilities. I hope we can trouble-shoot this.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 01 October 2016 - 11:15 AM

Please describe what is happening.

Please wait until the system freezes, then recover and immediately generate these 2 reports:

Let's try looking at these 2 sets of reports:

Report Set #1)  Please run this report collecting tool (even though you may not be experiencing BSOD's) so that we can provide a complete analysis: (from the pinned topic at the top of the forum)   http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/
FYI - I don't often use the Perfmon report, so if it doesn't work please just let me know.

NOTE:
Please zip up the (.ZIP) files - do not use .RAR or other compression utilities. 
.ZIP is the type file that can be uploaded to the forums.

Report Set #2)  Please do the following:
- open Event Viewer (run eventvwr.msc from the "Run" dialog)
- expand the Custom Views category (left click on the > next to the words "Custom Views")
- right click on the "Administrative Events" heading
- select "Save all Events in Custom View as..."
- save the file as Admin.evtx
- zip up the file (right click on it, select "Send to", select "Compressed (zipped) folder")
- upload it with your next post (if it's too big, then upload it to a free file-hosting service and post a link here).

FYI - If we're looking for Event ID 41 errors (unexplained shutdowns), there's more info on that here:  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2028504

While waiting for a reply, please monitor your temps with this free utility: 

SpeedFan v. 4.5.1 and later (free from here:  http://www.almico.com/sfdownload.php ) can log temperatures in a CSV file:
You may not need to log temps - if uncertain, please ask.

To make it work (log the temps to a file) you have to do BOTH of the below:

1. Enable logging in general: Configure...Log...check "Enabled" then click on OK to save.

2. Enable logging for specific checks: Configure...Temperatures..left click on each sensor, then click on "Logged" at the bottom of the Window (for our purposes we want them all) then once you've selected "Logged" for all sensors, then click on OK to save.

The log will be located at C:\Program Files (x86)\SpeedFan

Naming: log files are named SFLogYYYYMMDD.csv, where YYYY is the year (four digits), MM is the month (2 digits, zero padded) and DD is the day (2 digits, zero padded). If a file already exists by that name, the file that already exists is renamed according to the following naming scheme: SFLogYYYYMMDD-CCCC.csv, where CCCC is a increasing number. The new file is then created with the standard file name scheme.

Notes: whenever you change the options related with logging, SpeedFan starts a new log file.

NOTE:You may want to turn logging off when we're done - as I don't know it's impact on performance or on the system.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 MiNuN

MiNuN
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 01 October 2016 - 11:42 AM

Okay, I will do that.

Around early September I noticed the FPS greatly dropped in the game I played as oppose to what I regularly saw on a daily basis, some time shortly after that, my computer would shut itself down 1-3 times a day, I thought this was a GPU problem so I uninstall and reinstall the drivers and AMD program. The shut downs would worsen to the point where starting up the game or watching a video would shut it down. On the 22nd I updated my computer to Windows 10 Anniversary Update Vesion 1607 (Which seems to have broken a lot of computers), shortly after the update my computer would see freezes often.

I tried looking for solutions and trying many things to get rid of the 2 major issues, it only worsen so I gave in and clean install Windows 10 back on to my computer hoping it would no longer have the issues. The freezes are not as bad now but it is enough that I can't use my computer on a normal basis and I am scared to load a video or game thinking it will shut itself down again, it shut itself down twice since the clean install, which is a lot more bare-able.

I would like to figure out what exactly is causing it so I can save my computer.

#4 MiNuN

MiNuN
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 01 October 2016 - 01:49 PM

I have temperatures here, they seem okay.

http://imgur.com/a/Z0AiY

#5 MiNuN

MiNuN
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 01 October 2016 - 04:01 PM

Here are the two reports I made after experiencing a sudden shut down, no freezing yet.

Attached Files

#6 usasma

usasma

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 01 October 2016 - 04:13 PM

Wife's on her way home to pick me up - this is gonna be quick.....

Looked at these quickly and am wondering if it's a hardware problem

Start with these free hardware diagnostics:  http://www.carrona.org/hwdiag.html

Start with the hard drive and video tests - but please complete them all and let us know the results.

I'll look at the reports in greater detail either tonight or in the early AM tomorrow (UTC-5, east coast of the US)

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#7 MiNuN

MiNuN
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 01 October 2016 - 07:09 PM

I'm sorry but these stress test sounds really scary, I want to single out the hardware that is causing problems, wouldn't these test may damage healthy hardware too?

#8 usasma

usasma

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 02 October 2016 - 05:12 AM

Your UEFI/BIOS (version F5) dates from 2010.  Please check at the manufacturer's website to see if there are any UEFI/BIOS updates available for your system.  If you are able to install the update through Windows (without booting from an external drive), then go ahead and update it.  WARNING - if the computer might shut down during this procedure, please don't do it, as this may physically damage the computer and prevent it from booting.
FYI - W8 and W10 communicate more with the UEFI/BIOS than previous versions of Windows, so it's important to ensure that the UEFI/BIOS is kept up to date (and that outdated UEFI/BIOS' may be the cause of some compatibility issues).

Although you appear to have a reasonable number of Windows Update hotfixes for this version of your OS, please double check for any new Windows Updates.  It only takes one update to cause a problem, so it's essential that you have all of them.  The actual number is not important.  Rather it's important that you checked manually, installed any available updates, and didn't experience any errors when checking or updating.

You have 3 hard drives.  What is the make/model/wattage and age of your Power Supply?

The drivers for this device aren't installed:

Marvell 91xx Config ATA Device    IDE\PROCESSORMARVELL_91XX_CONFIG_____________________1.01____\6&31F68D52&0&1.1.0    The drivers for this device are not installed.

Please visit the manufacturer's website for your system/motherboard and download/install the Marvell storage controller drivers for your system.

Beyond that, we're looking for a hardware problem right now.

This could include an incompatibility issue (such as the very old BIOS), or a low-level driver problem (such as the missing drivers for the Marvell storage controller).

#9 MiNuN

MiNuN
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 03 October 2016 - 07:35 PM

I finished installing all drivers today, so the one you mentioned now has a driver. I upgraded my bios from f8 to f9, the support downloads doesn't say anything about UEFI since the mobo was only updated to win7 the most.

AX1200 from Corsair, 6 years old.

#10 usasma

usasma

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 04 October 2016 - 05:58 AM

Hardware tests won't damage your hardware.

Stress tests can damage your hardware - but not if you watch them while they're running, and take steps to stop them before damage can occur.

Also, there are fail-safe devices built into most modern systems - so they protect from most damage.

Older power supplies can lose power/efficiency.

You may want to test yours by removing unneeded power consuming devices and see if that improves the performance.

Another concern is that the mobo doesn't have drivers after W7 - as such you have to wonder about the compatibility of the system with W10

#11 MiNuN

MiNuN
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 04 October 2016 - 11:52 AM

Hardware tests won't damage your hardware.

Stress tests can damage your hardware - but not if you watch them while they're running, and take steps to stop them before damage can occur.

Also, there are fail-safe devices built into most modern systems - so they protect from most damage.

Older power supplies can lose power/efficiency.

You may want to test yours by removing unneeded power consuming devices and see if that improves the performance.

Another concern is that the mobo doesn't have drivers after W7 - as such you have to wonder about the compatibility of the system with W10

from what I seen the GPU when it increases in power, seems to cause an instant shut down.

#12 usasma

usasma

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 04 October 2016 - 05:15 PM

What do you mean when the GPU increases in power?

Regardless, if the system shuts down - then that should be suspect.

It can also be a power issue - so we still have to wonder about the PSU.  But I'd concentrate on the video for now, as it seems to be the problem.

If you've run the video stress tests, and that caused the system to shut down - then it's time to try another video card.

If you don't have another, I'd suggest purchasing one from a shop that'll let you return it for your money back if it's not needed.

Good luck!

#13 MiNuN

MiNuN
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 04 October 2016 - 08:20 PM

What do you mean when the GPU increases in power?

Regardless, if the system shuts down - then that should be suspect.

It can also be a power issue - so we still have to wonder about the PSU.  But I'd concentrate on the video for now, as it seems to be the problem.

If you've run the video stress tests, and that caused the system to shut down - then it's time to try another video card.

If you don't have another, I'd suggest purchasing one from a shop that'll let you return it for your money back if it's not needed.

Good luck!

When it draws for power, if I idle on desktop, it won't shut down right away the moment I start up a game it shut down, when its drawing power from the psu.

I have RMA in place for both, they upgraded my AX1200 to AX1200i and when XFX receives my GPU they will be checking it.

#14 jacklai

jacklai

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:36 AM

Posted 04 October 2016 - 11:04 PM

Any error code appear? If yes, please provide it. My friend works in M$ may help :)

#15 MiNuN

MiNuN
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 05 October 2016 - 12:09 AM

Any error code appear? If yes, please provide it. My friend works in M$ may help :)

no error code im award of

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users