Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Thanks to Bleeping Computer

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Trump16

Trump16

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:48 PM

Posted 30 September 2016 - 03:24 PM

I'm not sure who helped me yesterday but thaks. A BC tech took control of my computer and helped with a reinstall. If you know his name, please let me know.

Another question. All of my pictures and documents are in a documents library but I'm not able to move or view. It's a slow process doing copy and paste. Any suggestions?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,670 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:48 AM

Posted 30 September 2016 - 03:33 PM

A BC tech took control of my computer and helped with a reinstall. If you know his name, please let me know.

BleepingComputer doesn't allow remote support (unless it's an exceptional case, most of which are ransomware related, and only highly previligied users such as Grinler, Fabian Wosar, etc. are allowed to do that). Did the user tell you he was from BleepingComputer?

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#3 Trump16

Trump16
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 30 September 2016 - 03:38 PM

No but I could have sworn it was on this site. It is quite possible that I visited another site as well.

#4 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,670 posts
  •  

Posted 30 September 2016 - 03:43 PM

It most likely was on another website, since you only signed up yesterday and have 3 posts (3 of which were made today and aren't asking for remote support). Did you send a PM to the person on BleepingComputer directly? If so, check in your Inbox.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#5 Trump16

Trump16
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 30 September 2016 - 03:49 PM

I checked my history from Thursday and I was in computer chat. I don't remember a name but he took me a citrix go to assist site. 

I had another question about my documents and pictures that have ended up in the documents library but I don't have the move and view options. Can you help?

#6 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• 13,403 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:48 PM

Posted 30 September 2016 - 05:43 PM

Forum Rules and Posting Guidelines

All help must be provided in the forums or on our IRC Chat channel. We do not allow support to be provided or requested via personal message, email, or remote desktop control programs (Logmein, TeamViewer, etc).

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forum-rules/

#7 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,670 posts
  •  

Posted 30 September 2016 - 06:14 PM

I found the history of your conversation in the chat Trump, thank you. I don't know who assisted you, but the way it happened, we may have an issue. I'll be reporting it to the Staff so they can deal with it.

Edit: Did this user ask you to pay a fee, or did he install anything on your computer? Was it connected after the reinstall?

Edited by Aura, 30 September 2016 - 06:34 PM.

unite_blue.png

#8 Trump16

Trump16
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 01 October 2016 - 01:22 AM

No money was asked for. I feel stupid. I really thought it was help from bleeping computer.

#9 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• 13,403 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:48 PM

Posted 01 October 2016 - 01:53 AM

Hi Trump

These things happen don't blame yourself.

Regards

Nick.

#10 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,670 posts
  •  

Posted 01 October 2016 - 07:42 AM

No money was asked for. I feel stupid. I really thought it was help from bleeping computer.

All good. We are grateful that you reported it to us, so the Staff can act and make sure it doesn't occur in the future :)

unite_blue.png

#11 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,994 posts
  •  

Posted 02 October 2016 - 01:12 AM

Another question. All of my pictures and documents are in a documents library but I'm not able to move or view. It's a slow process doing copy and paste. Any suggestions?

Hello,

I'm afraid this part of your question got buried in the other concern. I think perhaps at this point a fresh topic with this question would be in order. It would be helpful to include what was happening before this started and what you've done to try to resolve the problems.

Orange Blossom :cherry:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users