Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Disk management challenge

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 allen76693

allen76693

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:38 AM

Posted 30 September 2016 - 02:07 PM

I had created a Linux partition and in attempting to delete it which I did I ended up with that volume in a "E" drive. It is empty naturally and I would like to get that volume transferred/expanded into primary NTFS partition. As an aside I am 84 so those things happen.Attached File  drive.PNG   12.52KB   0 downloads

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 22,626 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:38 PM

Posted 30 September 2016 - 02:27 PM

You can do it either inside of Windows but I prefer to use Partition Wizard

Delete the E: Partiton

Resize your C: Partition

No steps are done until Apply is clicked as all steps are virtual which allows you to exit out of Partition Wizard if you make a mistake.

If you have not done so I also recommend you create a System Repair Disk of Window 7. However unlikely deleting and expanding partitions can go wrong so it would be best to backup your personal data and would be better if you also create a complete disk image to an external drive using a program like Macrium Free or Aomei Backupper. Be sure to create the bootable disk or USB flash drive both programs offer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users