Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How do I know what wifi network driver I need?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Goosebump1

Goosebump1

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:30 AM

Posted 30 September 2016 - 10:15 AM

I had been having trouble connecting to my home wifi network and I found a "solution" on the internet that involved uninstalling and reinstalling my network driver. However, after uninstalling my driver, my computer did not recognize what driver I needed and reinstall. So now I have no idea what driver I need even after hours of trying to find out on the internet. I'm on a mid 2012 macbook air (11in) running the current 64 bit version of windows 10 (Yes, it's running windows). Help would be greatly appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Gorbulan

Gorbulan

• Members
  • 832 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:30 AM

Posted 30 September 2016 - 10:26 AM

You are booting into Windows 10 via bootcamp?

If so, here is the official Bootcamp support site for your model: https://support.apple.com/kb/dl1721?locale=en_US

#3 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 22,639 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:30 AM

Posted 30 September 2016 - 10:27 AM

Do you see a network adapter in Device Manager with a yellow exclamation mark next to it? Right click the device, select properties, and under the Details tab select Hardware IDs in the dropdown box. Copy and Paste the first line into your next post?

If there is no network adapter then click the top of the Device Manager tree, your PC, and select Action > Scan for Hardware changes. See if Windows can pick up the Wifi adapter.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users