Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need help regarding Spybot 2.6 Scan Log

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 rebeccavalentine

rebeccavalentine

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:40 PM

Posted 30 September 2016 - 06:02 AM

Im running windows 7 with avast free antivirus. I use malwarebytes, spybot search & destroy & super anti spyware free editions for scanning for malware.

Im a beginner & I know nothing about malware, virus or anything related to those. & I absolutely have no skills in interpreting scan logs. I thought of posting the log here, & trying to ask for help from expert members.. Any help is highly appreciated. 

1) I have posted the log file & the scan result screenshot for Spybot Search And Destroy 2.6 "full system" scan.

2) The second log & the second screenshot are that of the "rootkit analyzer" scan from the same program.

Can anyone please guide me on what to do? Should i simply go for the "fix selected" option or should i do nothing at all? Are these actually caused by malware or they are false positives? Can someone please guide me on this?? Please! 

Is there any other effective way to make sure that my laptop (win7) is completely free of any suspicious codes? I surely feel like my laptop has been infected but I find no way to confirm it & remove it.. Can anyone please help me out with this?

Attached Files

Edited by hamluis, 30 September 2016 - 07:50 AM.
Moved from MRL to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,964 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:10 PM

Posted 30 September 2016 - 08:40 AM

I have not used Spybot products for years and most of our members do not use it either. If you have questions or issues as a result of using it (i.e. allowing it to make changes, interpreting log results, removing detection's), I suggest you contact Spybot Support through their forums or by emailing one of their support teams if no one replies here.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#3 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,482 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:10 AM

Posted 30 September 2016 - 09:22 AM

Until recently I have used both Spybot 1.62 and 2.x for a number of years, since even WFW311 days.  I have always set my Action to toss anything/everything flagged into the Quarantine bucket.  I go into my Q-bucket and restore the known goods; delete the "baddies."

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

"I heard Spock finally got colander!"  "I believe the word is Kolinahr."  "Oh."

#4 rebeccavalentine

rebeccavalentine
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 30 September 2016 - 10:21 AM

Thank you so much 

quietman7

I dont know if i can ask this here or not, but what anti-malware program do you suggest to use?? Which is the best one? :)

Edited by rebeccavalentine, 30 September 2016 - 10:22 AM.

#5 rebeccavalentine

rebeccavalentine
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 30 September 2016 - 10:23 AM

Until recently I have used both Spybot 1.62 and 2.x for a number of years, since even WFW311 days.  I have always set my Action to toss anything/everything flagged into the Quarantine bucket.  I go into my Q-bucket and restore the known goods; delete the "baddies."

Thank you for your reply.. It would do no harm if we quarantine good ones too.. right??

Thanks again..!! 

#6 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,964 posts
  •  

Posted 30 September 2016 - 10:30 AM

...I dont know if i can ask this here or not, but what anti-malware program do you suggest to use?? Which is the best one? :)

Just like with anti-virus programs...there is no universal "one size fits all" solution that works for everyone and there is no single best anti-malware solution to supplement your existing security protection. Every security vendor's lab uses different scanning engines and different detection methods. Each has its own strengths and weaknesses and they often use a mix of technologies to detect and remove malware. You may need to experiment and find the one most suitable for your needs.

There are many discussions on this topic posted in the Anti-Virus, Anti-Malware, and Privacy Software forum.

If you have not done so already, you may want to read...Supplementing your Anti-Virus Program with Anti-Malware Tools.

Here are links to BC polls:

#7 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,482 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:10 AM

Posted 30 September 2016 - 10:37 AM

"...It would do no harm if we quarantine good ones too.. right??"  Correct, if Spybot mistakenly flags a known-good file, you can restore it sooner or later.

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

"I heard Spock finally got colander!"  "I believe the word is Kolinahr."  "Oh."

#8 rebeccavalentine

rebeccavalentine
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 02 October 2016 - 04:35 AM

...I dont know if i can ask this here or not, but what anti-malware program do you suggest to use?? Which is the best one? :)

Just like with anti-virus programs...there is no universal "one size fits all" solution that works for everyone and there is no single best anti-malware solution to supplement your existing security protection. Every security vendor's lab uses different scanning engines and different detection methods. Each has its own strengths and weaknesses and they often use a mix of technologies to detect and remove malware. You may need to experiment and find the one most suitable for your needs.

There are many discussions on this topic posted in the Anti-Virus, Anti-Malware, and Privacy Software forum.

If you have not done so already, you may want to read...Supplementing your Anti-Virus Program with Anti-Malware Tools.

Here are links to BC polls:

This was so damn useful.. Thanks a ton again..

Thank you so much for your reply.. Will be thankful :)

"...It would do no harm if we quarantine good ones too.. right??"  Correct, if Spybot mistakenly flags a known-good file, you can restore it sooner or later.

oh.. thank you again :)

#9 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,964 posts
  •  

Posted 02 October 2016 - 04:07 PM

You're welcome on behalf of the Bleeping Computer community.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users