Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Harddrive Malfunction: Please Help

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jd5

jd5

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:36 AM

Posted 20 August 2006 - 08:39 PM

My computer is having a very slow startup and its progressively getting worse. Also, my diskdrive will not read any disk. My possible internet connections will not pop up when I open the connections list, and mcafee virus scan is not operational. I posted my hijack this log, and no problems came up. I also ran multiple virus scans and spyware checks. I believe this could be a hardrive problem or a driver error. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Hawkeye4

Hawkeye4

• Members
  • 326 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:36 PM

Posted 21 August 2006 - 01:33 AM

Backup your data soon, because it sounds like your HD is going.

#3 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:36 PM

Posted 21 August 2006 - 12:14 PM

When you say your disk drive, do you mean your cd or dvd drive or ?

What operating system do you have and have you scanned for spyware and other malware recently?

Have you looked in your device manager to see if there are any driver problems?

#4 jd5

jd5
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:36 AM

Posted 21 August 2006 - 02:28 PM

When you say your disk drive, do you mean your cd or dvd drive or ?

What operating system do you have and have you scanned for spyware and other malware recently?

Have you looked in your device manager to see if there are any driver problems?

My cd drive and dvd drive are the same drive. I am running windows xp, and I have scanned multiple times for spyware and malware. I checked my device manager and there are no problems with my drivers, although in the past I had a problem installing my ethernet driver.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users