Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop battery charging at 100

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Stipl3x

Stipl3x

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:22 AM

Posted 29 September 2016 - 10:21 PM

Hi!
From some time, my laptop keeps charging the battery at 100 (it says 100 available plugged in, charging)
I have tried some solutions: a discharge and then a charge and the same thing; some unplugs of the battery and still nothing
I have tried reading some data in aida and it says the same: charging, even though I have noticed that it wasn't transmiting power and the battery was almost full ( the power was close to the full charge supply)
Do you have any idea of what is the problem or do you know how to stop the battery from charging, at least?
Ohh! I forgot! After some hours being close, the battery light changes from green to orange and than back a little fast, like an warning.

Thanks in advance and sorry for my english! :D

Edited by Stipl3x, 29 September 2016 - 10:23 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 vcolev

vcolev

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:22 PM

Posted 30 September 2016 - 12:31 PM

Sounds like the battery is starting to go bad. How long does the charge normally last when unplugged?

#3 Stipl3x

Stipl3x
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:22 AM

Posted 30 September 2016 - 02:48 PM

I played a game for about an hour until 10%
But I think is normal
Anyway the laptop is 3 years old
And it's plugged about all the time with the battery in
So...

#4 ranchhand_

ranchhand_

• Members
  • 1,752 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:22 PM

Posted 01 October 2016 - 11:43 AM

Either your battery or the wall adapter is failing.  Percentage-wise, usually the battery is the most common thing to go first but no guarantees.

Help Requests: If there is no reply after 3 days I remove the thread from my answer list. For further help PM me.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users