Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot remove Daemon Tools Pro from Windows 10

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 MochaLattes

MochaLattes

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:29 AM

Posted 29 September 2016 - 06:20 PM

How can I manually or forcefully remove Daemon Tools Pro from Windows 10? Ever since the Windows 10 update I keep getting notifications from Windows telling me it cannot run Daemon Tools Pro on this version of Windows. I have gone to control panel and attempted to remove the program by uninstalling it but being that it cannot run on this version of Windows it can't run the uninstall either. I do not want to have to install a removing program unless I absolutely have to. I searched online for others who had the same issue and it seems some people were having problems with removing programs clearing all the files. I asked on another forum and the only help I got was people telling me to uninstall it or ask the manufacturer for help but not any actual tangible help. So I would appreciate if someone here could help me. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,448 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:29 PM

Posted 29 September 2016 - 06:25 PM

Have you tried uninstalling the program in Safe Mode?

#3 MochaLattes

MochaLattes
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:29 AM

Posted 29 September 2016 - 07:54 PM

Yes it still refuses to uninstall.

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,448 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:29 PM

Posted 29 September 2016 - 08:26 PM

Did you see this page from Daemon Tools?

http://daemonpro-help.com/installation_notes/anniversary/

#5 Spreadman

Spreadman

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 04 January 2017 - 04:10 PM

In order to remove Daemon tools pro from windows 10 you must do the following

First hit ctrl+alt+del and bring up the task manager

Click show more details and then navigate to the "Startup" Tab

Find daemon tools in there and disable it, Then reboot your computer

Once it loads back up Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86) and look for the Daemon Tools Pro folder

Rename this folder to something like "Daemon tools pro backup"

Then reboot again

This will disable it and allow you to delete the folder or just leave it be and remove it from the installed programs list.

You will also not receive any more error messages.

Hope this helps I know it's a late reply but i'm sure someone else will benefit from this.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users