Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Youtube video chrome hanging

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 JimmyKarter

JimmyKarter

• Members
  • 127 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:38 PM

Posted 29 September 2016 - 05:59 PM

Very frequently, when watching youtube videos on Chrome, when I full screen (this only occurs on full screen), frequently after a few seconds the video will entirely freeze. The audio will still play, but I'm unable to issue any commands, such as pause, esc to minimize, etc.

The only thing that works is alt tab.

I've had task manager up during this, and I don't see any strange spikes either.

Please help?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 xAnti_HerOx

xAnti_HerOx

• Members
  • 84 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:38 PM

Posted 03 October 2016 - 10:25 AM

Hey There JimmyKarter, 

Please try using different browsers , "Does the issue happen in any other browsers?"

Also , since you are using Chrome try checking for Updates in Google Chrome. A bug you may be experiencing may have been fixed in a recent update.

If you require assistance to do so refer to their support page HERE

EDIT: Grammer

Edited by xAnti_HerOx, 03 October 2016 - 10:26 AM.

4mKMIUp.jpg

"The human spirit must prevail over technology". -Albert Einstein 

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,595 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:38 PM

Posted 03 October 2016 - 11:15 AM

Try running Chrome in Incognito Mode.  If the problem doesn't occur try removing your extensions one at a time till you find the extension causing this.

Under System in the Advanced settings remove the check in Use hardware acceleration when available, if it has one.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users