Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Emsisoft Decrypter for Nemucod running for days

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 Yabba Doo

Yabba Doo

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:28 AM

Posted 29 September 2016 - 02:34 PM

I created a folder with the decoder in it, dragged an encrypted and unencrypted file onto it.  It told me it found a code and it ran for two days and said "Finished!"  When I checked, it didn't appear to have decoded any files.  I used two different encrypted and unencrypted files, same thing.  I've been trying this since Friday or Saturday.  When it runs now, it takes one day instead of two, but I still don't see where any of the files have been decrypted.

Is there something else I can try?

Thanks for your time and help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Fabian Wosar

Fabian Wosar

Authorized Emsisoft Representative

• Security Developer
  • 744 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:28 AM

Posted 29 September 2016 - 02:42 PM

Can you run it against a directory with a couple of files only? Clear the object list and add only one folder that you are sure contains some encrypted files or some single files. Then run it and post the log.
Best regards,

Fabian Wosar [Development]
Emsisoft Team - www.emsisoft.com

#3 Yabba Doo

Yabba Doo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 29 September 2016 - 07:45 PM

The last pair of files I ran through must have done it, because I can access my website again and have photos.  Whew!   Tomorrow I'll tackle the Kovter virus.  This has taken almost a week of trial and error, but it sure beats what the "professional" computer repairman told me.  He said my options were to pay the ransom or wipe the hard drive and start again.  I'm so grateful you guys are here and willing to help!  And, yes, I do contribute whenever I can.  You're life and sanity savers!  Thank you!

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,937 posts
  •  

Posted 30 September 2016 - 06:32 AM

Anyone else having issues with the Emsisoft Decrypter for Nemucod should ask them in this topic.Rather than have everyone with individual topics, it would be best (and more manageable for staff) if you posted them there. To avoid unnecessary confusion, this topic is closed.

Thanks
The BC Staff
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users