Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HELP :-\ Laptop not showing it's charging- For a X555LA Laptop

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Kikig04

Kikig04

• Members
  • 90 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:25 AM

Posted 29 September 2016 - 11:44 AM

Hi everyone, it's been a while since I have been in a forum- But I'm having a battery problem with my laptop... I lost my charger for about 3-4wks while I was drafting my fantasy football team- I finally completed the draft but in doing so, my laptop battery died- Since then I found my charger but there are no lights showing me it's charging? If someone out here can suggest me some advice I'd surly appreciate it, I'd even pay you if you lived near by ;-) Please, I really need some help, this laptop is still fairly brand new...

Sincerely,

Kiki G.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,265 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:25 AM

Posted 29 September 2016 - 12:08 PM

Please post the make and model of this computer.

Is the computer LEDs indicating action with the hdd/ssd, power from the adapter?

If you have a multimeter you could read the output voltage of the power adapter to see if it is functioning properly.  The voltage is printed on the power adapter.  It will be listed as DC volts.  The outside of the male power plug is the negative potential, the center is the positive potential.

Edited by dc3, 29 September 2016 - 12:11 PM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 Kikig04

Kikig04
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 90 posts
  •  

Posted 29 September 2016 - 12:11 PM

Hi, and thank you for the reply- The laptop is a Asus X555LA- There are no lights coming on at all? The last time I tried to turn it on, the LED lights came on, but shut off quickly, and that was about a week ago? Can the battery just die by itself if It wasn't charged?

Kiki 

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,265 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:25 AM

Posted 29 September 2016 - 12:29 PM

Remove the battery and power adapter.

Press and hold down the power button for thirty seconds, replace the battery and power adapter and restart the computer.

Do you have a voltmeter?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 Kikig04

Kikig04
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 90 posts
  •  

Posted 29 September 2016 - 12:44 PM

The battery on this model is internal :-\ no voltmeter

#6 opera

opera

• Members
  • 947 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:25 PM

Posted 29 September 2016 - 01:09 PM

Does the laptop power up if you remover the battery altogether and just plug in the power lead?

#7 Kikig04

Kikig04
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 90 posts
  •  

Posted 29 September 2016 - 01:33 PM

The battery is internal, I have no access to it unless I start disassembling the laptop :-\

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users