Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

hello...file i cannot delete?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 techneck

techneck

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:37 AM

Posted 28 September 2016 - 10:55 PM

hi!....i am fairly unschooled in the ins and outs and updates for security. i feel overwhelmed by too many specifics....anyhow, this site helped me immensely with my spouse's PC. he had a screaming siren and BSOD message.  wisely, he did not respond.  at this point i am a bit paranoid... i found a file on my laptop that i cannot view or delete... name is RH001 and requires a password to delete???  the file is in an area where i have many items saved...please tell me i am not in big trouble!!! can anyone help?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 6,082 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:37 PM

Posted 29 September 2016 - 04:27 AM

G'day techneck, and Welcome to BC.

Do you have a Rosewill headset connected to this laptop by any chance..??

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

#3 techneck

techneck
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 01 October 2016 - 10:57 PM

Hello. No headset. A Sony earbud set only.

Edited by techneck, 01 October 2016 - 11:00 PM.

#4 Condobloke

Condobloke

• Members
  • 6,082 posts
  •  

Posted 01 October 2016 - 11:34 PM

What area is the file in ?...how did you find it?

Which OS are you using.,...?

If you right click on the file and then select Properties....what info are you given...?

Please run this scan for me.....

Please download MiniToolBox and run it.

Checkmark following boxes:

Report IE Proxy Settings
    Report FF Proxy Settings
    List content of Hosts
    List IP configuration
    List Winsock Entries
    List last 10 Event Viewer log
    List Installed Programs
    List Devices (do NOT change any settings here)
    List Users, Partitions and Memory size
    List Restore Points

Click Go and copy and paste the result in your next reply.

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

#5 Condobloke

Condobloke

• Members
  • 6,082 posts
  •  

Posted 11 October 2016 - 05:44 PM

Do you need further assistance ??

GcnI1aH.jpg

#6 Condobloke

Condobloke

• Members
  • 6,082 posts
  •  

Posted 16 October 2016 - 05:03 AM

I will assume you no longer need help.

If you were able to solve this problem yourself, please post a brief explanation about how you resolved it.

GcnI1aH.jpg

#7 techneck

techneck
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 23 October 2016 - 11:04 PM

yes, i still need help...just dealing with a death in the family...now gotta download above and post results for you....working next few days....will have to get back to you...thanks for trying to help....please be patient with me, thanks in advance.

#8 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,236 posts
  •  

Posted 24 October 2016 - 12:07 AM

Hi techneck,

(sorry for jumping in Condobloke)

The pop up you experienced is a type of malware scam that tries to impersonate an error and get you to call a number, in an effort to pry financial details out of you and get you to connect directly so they can install more malware on your machine. Fortunately it's normally fairly simple to remove.

Please follow the instructions below.

29bgcgg.jpg  Please download AdwCleaner and save to your Desktop.

• Right click and "Run as Administrator"
  • Click on the Scan button.
  • After the scan has finished, click Clean and ok the reboot
  • When complete, your machine will restart and a log file will appear
  • A copy of all logfiles are saved in the C:\AdwCleaner folder which was created when running the tool.

malwarebytes_icon_mini_by_linux_rules-d9  Please download and install MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.

• You may want to uncheck the free trial for the premium version during installation.
  • Let the database version update on first run, before proceeding
  • Click "Scan now"
  • Click "remove threats" to remove all and follow the reboot instructions.
  • To export the log click on History > then click your scan log > Export > text file
  • Save on your desktop

Hitman-Pro-Icon.png  Please download Hitman Pro, choose 32bit or 64bit depending on your Windows version. If you are unsure click here

• Run the installer and click next,
  • Select "No, I only want to perform a one time scan to check the computer"
  • Click next to start the scan
  • then click next and next again
  • Click Activate trial license to remove any detections

2a507m.jpg Please download Zemana AntiMalware and install it

• Run the application
  • Click "Next" and then “Scan
  • When the scan has finished click “Next” to remove any threats.
  • Click the bars in the top right corner to display the logs, double click your log

aatxrp.jpg

• copy and paste the log into your reply

Please copy and paste / include in your reply

• ADWCleaner log
  • MBAM log
  • Hitman log
  • Zemana log

How is your machine running now?

TsVk!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users