(sorry for jumping in Condobloke)
The pop up you experienced is a type of malware scam that tries to impersonate an error and get you to call a number, in an effort to pry financial details out of you and get you to connect directly so they can install more malware on your machine. Fortunately it's normally fairly simple to remove.
Please follow the instructions below.
Please download AdwCleaner and save to your Desktop.
- Right click and "Run as Administrator"
- Click on the Scan button.
- After the scan has finished, click Clean and ok the reboot
- When complete, your machine will restart and a log file will appear
- A copy of all logfiles are saved in the C:\AdwCleaner folder which was created when running the tool.
Please download and install MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
- You may want to uncheck the free trial for the premium version during installation.
- Let the database version update on first run, before proceeding
- Click "Scan now"
- Click "remove threats" to remove all and follow the reboot instructions.
- To export the log click on History > then click your scan log > Export > text file
- Save on your desktop
Please download Hitman Pro, choose 32bit or 64bit depending on your Windows version. If you are unsure click here
- Run the installer and click next,
- Select "No, I only want to perform a one time scan to check the computer"
- Click next to start the scan
- then click next and next again
- Click Activate trial license to remove any detections
Please download Zemana AntiMalware and install it
- Run the application
- Click "Next" and then “Scan”
- When the scan has finished click “Next” to remove any threats.
- Click the bars in the top right corner to display the logs, double click your log
- copy and paste the log into your reply
Please copy and paste / include in your reply
- ADWCleaner log
- MBAM log
- Hitman log
- Zemana log
How is your machine running now?