Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

'Ctrl - Left-click' to highlight an image alternatives?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Argentbleu

Argentbleu

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:43 PM

Posted 28 September 2016 - 04:12 PM

Please forgive if this is a duplicate topic but I cannot seem to find a ready answer.

I have a folder with approx. 150 pictures. I want to select certain ones and then copy and paste those into a second folder. Yes I find this to be very simple task when dealing with only a few images - I can 'Ctrl click' each photo which highlights the first and subsequent pictures, then right-click to copy and then paste them into the desired folder. However the more photos I select, the greater the chances of mis-clicking which then instantly undoes all my highlights, requiring tedious re-selection.

Is there a more robust way to accomplish this task other than by simply using the fragile 'Ctrl - click method? 

There is a software program I've used called 'PolyView' that can mark images by tapping the Space bar while the picture is being displayed,  The program then allows selection of those marked images and offers a transfer action as well after completing the selection process. It does a fair job, but for whatever reason (no doubt my inexperience) I often err in locating and selecting the correct folder to transfer them into. Besides, this method seems like over-kill, requiring but a single small feature of an otherwise rather sophisticated program.  What I'd like to find is either a simpler program or a more robust process than the 'Ctrl-click' I'm using now. Any suggestions will be deeply appreciated! :)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ranchhand_

ranchhand_

• Members
  • 1,650 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:43 PM

Posted 28 September 2016 - 04:34 PM

Just set up two running Explore screens sideXside, then drag & drop from your original screen into the 2nd screen's new folder you created? On my computer that goes pretty fast. In fact, you can select several at a time if you wish and move them all at the same drag.

Help Requests: If there is no reply after 3 days I remove the thread from my answer list. For further help PM me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users