Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

USB HID keeps unplugging/plugging and making sounds.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 corrado33

corrado33

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:53 PM

Posted 28 September 2016 - 11:58 AM

Recently built a computer (computer works great!)

I have to VNC into it today and for some reason a USB human interface device keeps unplugging/plugging and making the "hardware connect/disconnect" sounds in windows. (Which is annoying.) 

Obviously the correct way to fix it is to unplug the usb devices one by one and figure out which one it is. Unfortunately I can't do that until I go home today, and I have to do work on it (with sound) over VNC. 

Is there any way to disable a particular usb device without uninstalling drivers? 

I can't think what else it'd be. It's not my mouse, it's not my keyboard. (Which show up in specific sections of device manager.) It's not my gamepad (which shows up as it's own thing in device manager and is connected to a different port.) Perhaps I accidently plugged in an x-box controller? It's not anything specific in device manager, just "USB Input Device." In "USBLogView" it says it's "Port 1 Hub 3" It connects/disconnects randomly anywhere from every 2 minutes to every 8 minutes. 

Perhaps one of my USB connectors is loose (front panel connector perhaps?) But the thing connected to the front panel (gamepad) stays connected all the time. 

Attached Files

Edited by corrado33, 28 September 2016 - 12:05 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users