Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help with HP table/laptop please

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 andras

andras

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:08 PM

Posted 28 September 2016 - 09:42 AM

Im not a rich man by any stretch of the imagination. Iv always had to build pc's and laptops out of bits and bobs donated to me. Anything left over and i would give to the poor in my area.
However i have been saving for a bit for something nice and modern and come across an HP hp x2 210 tablet/laptop thing in windows 10.

It was second hand but practically brand new, in a box etc.

When i got it i decided the screen was to small for my aging eyes so i was looking to swap for something a little bigger.
I then decided to refresh windows as a lazy way of getting all my stuff off it. 
Then  disaster struck :( 
The installation become stuck in a loop at the preparing stage, it would flash to getting ready and then restart. 
I couldn't be bothered messing about so decided just to re install windows via a usb i always have handy, only to find this bloody thing doesnt support legacy mode so i cant install windows via a usb. 
So i decided to  pop into recovery mode and see what i can do there. HOWEVER....
Every time i click on something, be it command prompt..system restore or whatever it says i cant do it because i'm not an admin and there is no admin accounts on this pc. 
Can anyone help me out here please? 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:08 AM

Posted 28 September 2016 - 11:51 AM

Open the Control Panel and select User Accounts.  There should be an administrator user account with the original user's name.

If you click/tap on Manage another account it will show all of the accounts for this computer.

Another option would be to create another admin. account.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 andras

andras
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:08 PM

Posted 29 September 2016 - 07:27 AM

Open the Control Panel and select User Accounts.  There should be an administrator user account with the original user's name.

If you click/tap on Manage another account it will show all of the accounts for this computer.

Another option would be to create another admin. account.

I cant get on windows .

I reset the os and now its looping on install :( 

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:08 AM

Posted 29 September 2016 - 09:42 AM

Before trying to use the installation media on the USB device did you change the boot order in the BIOS so that the USB media is the first device in the boot order and the hdd the second device?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users