Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

RECOVERY: Your PC/Device needs to be repaired

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 drumor

drumor

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:04 PM

Posted 27 September 2016 - 09:19 PM

I receive the message with the above header. "The operating system couldn't be loaded because a critical system driver is missing or contains errors.

File: WINDOWS\System32\drivers\klupd klif arkmon.sys

error code 0xc00000ba

you'll need to use recovery tools. If you don't have any installation media (like a disc or USB device),contact your PC administrator or PC/device manufacturer."

I cannot get beyond this blue screen, help.

I'm running windows 10 on a windows PC (HP Pavilion DV5 laptop)

Eldred Moore

Edited by drumor, 27 September 2016 - 09:21 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:04 PM

Posted 27 September 2016 - 11:24 PM

Boot your computer with Windows 10 Setup DVD if you don't have one you can created with Windows Media Creation Tool.
After you have boot your computer with Windows 10 DVD/USB flash media click “Repair your computer”.
Click Troubleshoot”.
Click “Advanced options” on the Troubleshoot screen.
Click Automatic Repair (Startup Repair): Windows will attempt to diagnose and correct common boot problems It corrects issues, such as corrupt registry hives, missing system files and drivers, disk boot sector corruptions, and other startup issues.
If Automatic Repair (Startup Repair) did not resolve the issue try restoring Windows to date it was working with System Restore tool.

The "klupd klif arkmon.sys" driver is not part of Windows generic drives i could not found much information about the drive except that the drive belongs to Kaspersky i'm not sure it can be a malware infection.

Try booting Windows into Safe Mode by clicking the Startup Settings from Advanced options.

Posted Image

#3 drumor

drumor
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 28 September 2016 - 08:14 PM

Freebooter, thanks for your help. I have created the media and will attempt to repair the PC this evening. This appears to be a handy tool in the recovery arsenal.

Regards,

Eldred

#4 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  

Posted 28 September 2016 - 09:15 PM

You are very welcome, keep us up to date with the results.

Posted Image

#5 drumor

drumor
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 02 October 2016 - 11:44 AM

Freebooter,

The recovery media created without issue and I was able to execute the automatic recovery tools successfully. I reran the Kaspersky's Total Security installation and completed a full scan without any issues. The PC is now running fine. Thanks for your assistance.

Eldred

#6 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  

Posted 02 October 2016 - 03:22 PM

You are very welcome, i'm happy to know issue has been resolved.

Take Care!

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users