Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No bootable device error message

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 kzart40

kzart40

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:15 PM

Posted 27 September 2016 - 06:49 PM

Hello,

I am trying to repair my Toshiba windows 10 computer. I was told by my daughter that the computer was dropped. It worked for a very short while before going to a blue screen. When you start the computer the Toshiba splash screen presents and then a black screen reading No bootable device --please insert book disk. Going into the setup screen the hard drive was listed as none. I took out and re-seated the hard drive but experienced the same issue. I replaced the hard drive with a drive that needs to be formatted. I inserted the used hard drive. I received the same no bootable drive message but this time the hard drive is recognized. I did try to boot both the original drive and the used drive from the boot screen (F12) only to receive the same message...no bootable drive.

Is there anything else I could try? What is my next steps? Help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:15 PM

Posted 27 September 2016 - 07:01 PM

Looks like disconnected hard drive is no longer functioning and the second hard disk drive has no operating system you need to use Windows 10 Setup DVD to install Windows 10. If you don't have Windows 10 setup media you can create one with windows 10 media creation tool.

Posted Image

#3 kzart40

kzart40
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:15 PM

Posted 27 September 2016 - 07:07 PM

Thank you for the info FreeBooter. I will go to the link and start there. Thanks for moving me along.

#4 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:15 PM

Posted 27 September 2016 - 07:13 PM

You are very welcome, anymore questions you may have we will love to help found answers for them.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users