Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need help verifying a virus detection in MyHarmony software

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 BlackCurrent

BlackCurrent

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:29 PM

Posted 27 September 2016 - 12:16 PM

If you use MyHarmony from Logitech but haven't opened the application since September 15 (or thereabouts) can you please verify something for me before you open it again? The reason you need to do this before you open MyHarmony is because the file mentioned below will be overwritten with a later version (which doesn't have this problem).

Kaspersky identified the following MyHarmony temp file as containing a virus on my system:

..\AppData\Local\Apps\2.0\2EX4EJBB.QGL\9YAGWRTY.KYW\myha..tion_893f52c973591bc9_0001.0000_6a878e02a9e32088\AppFiles\temp\data\f_000009

I uploaded "f_000009" to VirusTotal to verify if this is a false-positive and this was the result. Yikes! Interestingly, someone uploaded the file a week before before I did (VirusTotal gives you the date first uploaded) so I'm obviously not the first one to notice this issue.

It will put my mind at ease if someone can upload their copy of f_000009 to VirusTotal to see if they get the same result. I run a very tight ship so this file was almost certainly downloaded from Logitech's servers so despite the many detections it's very likely that this is a false positve. 

Thanks!

Edited by BlackCurrent, 27 September 2016 - 12:17 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users