Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Network adapter problems

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 trigrous

trigrous

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:49 PM

Posted 27 September 2016 - 11:23 AM

Hello,

I've got problems with my network adapter. I've got a Asus X554L laptop and have always had problems with the wifi. I can connect usually but sometimes the connection is suddenly lost and I have to ''troubleshoot problems'' and for it to be fixed it seems that it always have to reset the network adapter. 

Here's the troubleshoot report that I got just now. Just ask me if anything else is needed as I'm not familiar with these types of computer problems.

Thanks!

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 trigrous

trigrous
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 27 September 2016 - 11:38 AM

I shared the pdf online if anyone doesn't want to download the file.

Link: http://www.pdfescape.com/shared/?42250C7B0F55F203D882BF85B24C59F5404E5A26C3146130

#3 mikey11

mikey11

• Members
  • 1,207 posts
  •  
  • Location:Psychiatric Ward @ Beelitz-Heilstatten Hospital, Beelitz, Germany

Posted 27 September 2016 - 02:06 PM

the problem could be with your wireless router, or something in the area interfering with the signal, might not have anything to do with the computer, do you use a cordless telephone in the home? they can interfere with wireless,

also, try updating the driver for the wireless on your computer

Edited by mikey11, 27 September 2016 - 02:09 PM.

#4 trigrous

trigrous
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 28 September 2016 - 05:53 AM

the problem could be with your wireless router, or something in the area interfering with the signal, might not have anything to do with the computer, do you use a cordless telephone in the home? they can interfere with wireless,

also, try updating the driver for the wireless on your computer

No, it's definitely something to do with the computer as it occurs wherever I go (back home in Sweden as well). It More frequently with the university wifi. I don't have a telephone at home.

The drivers are up to date according to the device manager.

Also is it normal that so many adapters are listed?  

https://gyazo.com/b0d962ca7579145ccb07fc09d827870c

Edit: In the troubleshooter 25 ethernet options are also showed.

https://gyazo.com/a72c95466f7fb244dfc6dfc3ba6ff01f

Edited by trigrous, 28 September 2016 - 05:59 AM.

#5 opera

opera

• Members
  • 950 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:49 PM

Posted 28 September 2016 - 07:27 AM

Regarding the many network adapters... many others have that issue.

Different solutions here in this thread

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/e0653755-531d-45a6-8221-46e552328d8d/unwanted-tapwindows-adapter-v9-and-tapwin32-adapter-oas-drivers-installing?forum=w8itpronetworking

#6 trigrous

trigrous
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 28 September 2016 - 08:12 AM

Thanks, but if it's not related to the problem I posted about then I don't really mind it being that way.

#7 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 22,626 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:49 AM

Posted 28 September 2016 - 08:51 AM

Broadcom and Windows 10 seems to have a lot of issues. People have reported that if you set your power configuration to High Performance and disable your LAN adapter, not uninstall, the connection issues seem to be resolved. 

If that does not solve the problem consider a USB dongle that is Windows 10 compatible such as this one.

http://www.tp-link.com/en/products/details/TL-WN725N.html

#8 trigrous

trigrous
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 29 September 2016 - 03:12 AM

Broadcom and Windows 10 seems to have a lot of issues. People have reported that if you set your power configuration to High Performance and disable your LAN adapter, not uninstall, the connection issues seem to be resolved. 

If that does not solve the problem consider a USB dongle that is Windows 10 compatible such as this one.

http://www.tp-link.com/en/products/details/TL-WN725N.html

Isn't there a more permanent solution? High performance would consume a lot of battery life and it's already not so great.

Edited by trigrous, 29 September 2016 - 03:12 AM.

#9 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 22,626 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:49 AM

Posted 29 September 2016 - 09:11 AM

There is a setting in Windows 10 that sets the Wifi Adapter and maximum power but does not change the power configuration, only sets the adapter to maximum power.  See this post by BC member Niweg.

#10 mikey11

mikey11

• Members
  • 1,207 posts
  •  
  • Location:Psychiatric Ward @ Beelitz-Heilstatten Hospital, Beelitz, Germany

Posted 29 September 2016 - 11:04 AM

did this computer come with windows 10 on it?

if not, do a backup and re-install your previous OS,

you can also try playing around with your router settings (b/g/n)....try setting it to b only, g only, or n only, see if that helps,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users