Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Remove network drive

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Pirahnya

Pirahnya

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:20 PM

Posted 27 September 2016 - 11:18 AM

Most people will be telling me how to remove a MAPPED drive. Not what I want. On my computer in Explorer, in the Network section are the directories I want to share. It seems I'm continually sharing because the share keeps getting messed up. But, all directories have had the sharing removed, but they remain there. When I just attempted to share a directory again, it created a new share called DIR2 and the first share is called DIR.

How can I remove these ex-shared drives? I'm sick of jumping through the burning Windows hoop to get my network to work. I am continually resharing and mapping the entire office. I've read there is nothing I can do about this behaviour. It takes almost an hour at least twice a week to reset everything. Very counter-productive.

Oh, all is Windows freaking 8. Wireless.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Wand3r3r

Wand3r3r

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:20 AM

Posted 27 September 2016 - 02:07 PM

" in the Network section are the directories I want to share"

I am assuming these directories are under a computer name and this is what you are seeing.  These are already shared.  This is confirmed by your statement of dir2 and dir.

Clearly this is the wrong approach.

What exactly are your connection issues?  Other computers can't see the shares?  Drive mappings don't work? What is the specific error?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users