Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

downgrade to windows 7

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 trevorcork

trevorcork

• Members
  • 357 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:23 PM

Posted 27 September 2016 - 10:57 AM

Hi i am a technician in a third level college, we recently got 30 new dells which i downgraded from windows 10 to 7 no problem, now there is 10 new laptops also needs to go from windows 10 to 7, but it wont let me, i am booting of an external drive as there is no built in drive and when i choose my language etc i get the following error?   A required CD/DVD drive device driver is missing. If you have a driver floppy disk, CD, DVD, or USB flash drive, please insert it now. 

Note: If the Windows installation media is in the CD/DVD drive, you can safely remove it for this step

I have tried using another installer cd, i have tried plugging out ext drive, any ideas of how to fix this as i have 10 laptops in total to do so it will probably happen on all of them

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 trevorcork

trevorcork
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 357 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:23 PM

Posted 27 September 2016 - 11:16 AM

any links would be greatly appreciated

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users