So I have been getting this weird error when I am trying to download some files from a site. It's a trusted site where I download Addons for my games.
The first time it happened, it actually happened on the client that I usually download my Addons from. It was giving me errors so I decided to go to the website and download as I suspected that the client was down. So when I tried to download the file from the website, this happened:
Some things to note:
1) Started about a few days ago. Not exactly sure when. The client and downloading from the site has been working well before this happened.
2) It is really weird that I am receiving this error in Chinese. I don't frequent chinese sites so this came as a surprise.
3) None of my friends are getting this error - so I am assuming I am the only one getting affected.
4) Scoured Google and no one else seemed to be having this issue. The (71) Protocol error seems to occur when people are playing with proxies, which I am not aware that I am using any.
5) Downloading other stuff doesn't give me the issue - only downloading from this site.
Things that I have tried and did not work:
1) Turning off my Windows Firewall
2) Restarting my modem
3) Using another browser to download (I am using Firefox now)
4) Deleted all my temporary files
5) Cleared all my cache
Hope to get some resolution for this! Not sure if this is the right forum to post too.
Edited by kennethnggg, 27 September 2016 - 08:10 AM.