Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No Sound

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Demon Cleaner

Demon Cleaner

• Members
  • 1,383 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:57 PM

Posted 20 August 2006 - 02:57 PM

cant get any sound when i watch vids in the net and cant get the speaker icon in the system tray!!
any ideas

Mod Edit: Moved topic to more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

Edited by Animal, 20 August 2006 - 04:02 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cvgurau

cvgurau

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:57 AM

Posted 20 August 2006 - 02:59 PM

I have the same problem (except for the speaker icon part).

Thing is, the family computer has 4 accounts, and as far as I know, mine is the only one with this problem. (Only two of them aren't password protected, so I don't know about my sister's).

#3 Demon Cleaner

Demon Cleaner
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,383 posts
  •  

Posted 20 August 2006 - 03:21 PM

ive only got the one ccount.itunes works fine an dvds its just websites like youtube or killsometime etc!

#4 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 21 August 2006 - 11:31 AM

arny -

Go to your device manager and see if you have an audio adapter installed or if you do, does it have a yellow or red warning icon on it.

#5 Demon Cleaner

Demon Cleaner
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,383 posts
  •  

Posted 21 August 2006 - 01:22 PM

done that mate everythings fine!

#6 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,196 posts
  •  

Posted 21 August 2006 - 01:45 PM

You haven't said what you have done to rectify the problem so here is one of the more obvious suggestions:

click start/click control panel/double click sound and audio devices/select volume tab/place check in "place volume icon in the task bar"/click on advanced/ uncheck all mute boxes
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#7 Demon Cleaner

Demon Cleaner
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,383 posts
  •  

Posted 21 August 2006 - 01:49 PM

when i said everythings fine i meant that theres no yellow or red warnings its showing that everythings fine.

#8 Demon Cleaner

Demon Cleaner
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,383 posts
  •  

Posted 21 August 2006 - 01:50 PM

You haven't said what you have done to rectify the problem so here is one of the more obvious suggestions:

click start/click control panel/double click sound and audio devices/select volume tab/place check in "place volume icon in the task bar"/click on advanced/ uncheck all mute boxes

ive done all this an thats how it should be too.the sound was working on websites like you tube an then suddenly stopped.cant see anything that i could of done to stop it working

Edited by arny, 21 August 2006 - 01:56 PM.

#9 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,196 posts
  •  

Posted 21 August 2006 - 02:55 PM

The site referred to below will guide you thru trouble shooting your problem. I only copied a part of it.

www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000208.htm

REFERENCE NUMBER: CH000208
Missing or lost sound in Windows 95 / 98 / ME / 2K / XP.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Issue:

Missing or lost sound in Windows 95 / 98 / ME / 2K / XP.

Cause:

This issue could be caused by any of the below possibilities.

Bad software settings.
Corrupt or missing sound drivers.
Compatibility issues with the operating system and/or other hardware.
Speaker related issues.
Bad or missing sound card.
Solution:
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#10 eraser chaser

eraser chaser

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:57 AM

Posted 25 August 2006 - 09:33 AM

I too have this same problem my Toshiba with XP doesn't like SP , its incompatible, That Is The Problem. and I only sometimes don't have sound which is crazymaking, - But the problem remains - Has anyone found anything specific that works? please help. Microsoft's support was useless. :thumbsup:

Edited by eraser chaser, 25 August 2006 - 09:33 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users