Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I think I found the error to my computer's freezing, can anybody help with this?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 MiNuN

MiNuN

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:41 AM

Posted 26 September 2016 - 06:13 PM

http://imgur.com/a/rWOII

Above image is the error that I believe is causing my computer to freeze. Is it a program? If so, is there a way to find out which program and disable it? If not, can anyone help me find a solution?

Back story: I installed Windows 10 Anniversary Update / Version 1607 on 9/22/2016, since then my computer has been seeing freezes which has never happened since the day I built it 6 years ago. Right after the update it recommended me to delete the previous versions to make space, so I did that and can no longer roll back.

The reason why I think that is the error causing it is because someone taught me to use Event Viewer to watched for timed errors for when it freezes, that is the only error that occurred when it froze and anything after that is related to the hard reset I had to do, in that image my computer was able to stay on for 3 hrs prior to freezing but I have seen often where it would freeze 20 seconds after log-in.

I can provide more information if needed, please help?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 26 September 2016 - 06:58 PM

It may/may not be the problem.

It's not often that I see DCOM errors as being the problem - but it has happened.

The first thing to try is uninstalling the Windows Live Calendar app (but I'm not real well versed with working with apps).

You can also attempt to fix your DCOM errors by doing this:

Go to Start, and then to Run (or the Win and R keys)
Type in "dcomcnfg" (without the quotes) and press Enter

In the Component Services window that opens, go to the left hand pane and double click on:
- Component Services, then on
- Computers, then on
- My Computer, then on
- DCOM Config
If it asks you to register any of the components, click Yes
This may happen several times if there are several unregistered components

Once you're finished, close the window and reboot the computer.
Check to see if the problems are fixed.
NOTE:  This is a generic "fix" for DCOM errors.  If it does not fix your problems, please post back.

Let's try looking at these 2 sets of reports:

Report Set #1)  Please run this report collecting tool (even though you may not be experiencing BSOD's) so that we can provide a complete analysis: (from the pinned topic at the top of the forum)   http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/
FYI - I don't often use the Perfmon report, so if it doesn't work please just let me know.

NOTE:
Please zip up the (.ZIP) files - do not use .RAR or other compression utilities. 
.ZIP is the type file that can be uploaded to the forums.

Report Set #2)  Please do the following:
- open Event Viewer (run eventvwr.msc from the "Run" dialog)
- expand the Custom Views category (left click on the > next to the words "Custom Views")
- right click on the "Administrative Events" heading
- select "Save all Events in Custom View as..."
- save the file as Admin.evtx
- zip up the file (right click on it, select "Send to", select "Compressed (zipped) folder")
- upload it with your next post (if it's too big, then upload it to a free file-hosting service and post a link here).

FYI - If we're looking for Event ID 41 errors (unexplained shutdowns), there's more info on that here:  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2028504

While waiting for a reply, please monitor your temps with this free utility: 

SpeedFan v. 4.5.1 and later (free from here:  http://www.almico.com/sfdownload.php ) can log temperatures in a CSV file:
You may not need to log temps - if uncertain, please ask.

To make it work (log the temps to a file) you have to do BOTH of the below:

1. Enable logging in general: Configure...Log...check "Enabled" then click on OK to save.

2. Enable logging for specific checks: Configure...Temperatures..left click on each sensor, then click on "Logged" at the bottom of the Window (for our purposes we want them all) then once you've selected "Logged" for all sensors, then click on OK to save.

The log will be located at C:\Program Files (x86)\SpeedFan

Naming: log files are named SFLogYYYYMMDD.csv, where YYYY is the year (four digits), MM is the month (2 digits, zero padded) and DD is the day (2 digits, zero padded). If a file already exists by that name, the file that already exists is renamed according to the following naming scheme: SFLogYYYYMMDD-CCCC.csv, where CCCC is a increasing number. The new file is then created with the standard file name scheme.

Notes: whenever you change the options related with logging, SpeedFan starts a new log file.

NOTE:You may want to turn logging off when we're done - as I don't know it's impact on performance or on the system.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 MiNuN

MiNuN
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 26 September 2016 - 07:05 PM

The thing is, there is no Windows Live Calendar app.

The only thing I can think of is the default Calendar or Mail application that comes with windows 10.

I will be attempting the solutions you provided and post back here if any development.

#4 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 26 September 2016 - 07:07 PM

I'd suggest posting over in the Windows 10 forums - as they'll have a better idea what to do with the apps.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#5 MiNuN

MiNuN
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 26 September 2016 - 07:09 PM

I'd suggest posting over in the Windows 10 forums - as they'll have a better idea what to do with the apps.

Will do.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users