Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Recover whatsapp messages

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 danher77

danher77

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:39 AM

Posted 26 September 2016 - 02:31 PM

Hi everyone,

I deleted a lot of conversation from my whattsap, so now I want to recover one of them.

I've seen that the file is encrypted with a sophisticated encryption mechanism (crypt12).

Anyone know how to recover it? how to decrypt the data base file?

Thanks a lot

danher77

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TerryPenc

TerryPenc

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:39 PM

Posted 26 September 2016 - 07:53 PM

Reinstall WhatsApp. It will ask you to restore from a backup after verifying your phone number. "Local backups will run automatically every day at 2am and save your database in a file on the phone itself." Check your backups with a file manager, go to WhatsApp/Databases.

#3 danher77

danher77
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 27 September 2016 - 04:55 PM

Reinstall WhatsApp. It will ask you to restore from a backup after verifying your phone number. "Local backups will run automatically every day at 2am and save your database in a file on the phone itself." Check your backups with a file manager, go to WhatsApp/Databases.

I would like to do that, the matter is that the messages that I deleted were from two months ago. I read that all of messages are in the whatsapp database (deleted too).

Thank you

#4 TerryPenc

TerryPenc

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:39 PM

Posted 27 September 2016 - 08:47 PM

Sorry to hear that. The database files are actually the local backups that WhatsApp makes daily. If the messages were from months ago, they should have been backed up at that time. However, they may have expired. I guess those local daily backups only include messages sent/received at individual day. Not sure. I heard that data recovery app may help if the messages were deleted since a short time. Good luck.

#5 danher77

danher77
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 13 October 2016 - 12:30 AM

Looking the database I sure that include all of the messages since I installed the app, not only a few.

I'll continue looking for the solution.

Thank you anyway!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users