Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

strange host service in Glassdoor firewall after TW session

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Sundown00

Sundown00

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:43 AM

Posted 26 September 2016 - 09:46 AM

Hello everyone,

I recently did a teamviewer session with a person. After that day, a teamviewer process would show up on my firewall as i started windows showing the name of a "macbook.XXX". I uninstalled Teamviewer but still this "MACBOOK" shows up in "windows host processes" when i start my computer. This person confirmed me he has a MacBook so I am pretty sure this is related to that teamviewer call. How do I fix this? And why does it make that connection when I start my laptop? Here is a screenshot of what happens.

http://imgur.com/a/lu8IE

The first in the list is the macbook i am referring to, the second in the list fully deleted is the name of my laptop.

what is happening?

thank you in advance for your help

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MDD1963

MDD1963

• Members
  • 699 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:43 AM

Posted 30 September 2016 - 08:58 PM

I would suspect this shows as one of the exceptions added within the "Firewall" tab of Glasswire? If you never intend to use it again, you can click on the 'grey flame' icon on the left to block it, if it being there concerns you.

Asus Z270A Prime/7700K/32 GB DDR4-3200/GTX1060

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users