Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 10 wont recognize java

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Loomis000

Loomis000

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:52 PM

Posted 26 September 2016 - 09:25 AM

I have java downloaded and i even downloaded the java 8 JDK as prompted by other sites.It seemed to install fine.No error messages.And the java control panel says its there and enabled.But when i go on firefox to verify it at the java page i get this message.

We are unable to verify if Java is currently installed and enabled in your browser.

If you have installed Java and there is an error with the verification, there could be a configuration issue (eg. browser, Java control panel, security settings) or the Java plug-in is blocked by the browser. Try restarting your browser before trying to verify the installation again, and check that the browser allows Java to run

After restrarting browser i get this message.

Java is disabled or not installed

Which contradicts what the java panel is telling me.

These are the 2 java downloads listed in my programs.

java 8 update 101 (64-bit)

java SE development kit 8 update 101 (64-bit)

Is there a different version i'm suppose to download?.

Edited by Loomis000, 26 September 2016 - 09:45 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Daydreamed

Daydreamed

• Members
  • 349 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:52 PM

Posted 26 September 2016 - 10:05 AM

Hello,

:welcome: to Bleeping Computer!

I don't believe Java is enabled by default in Firefox as it's a security flaw. Oracle has a guide here if you want to enable it, but I strongly discourage it.

- Daydreamed

#3 SleepyDude

SleepyDude

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,996 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:52 AM

Posted 26 September 2016 - 10:30 AM

Hi Loomis000,

Most likely your are running the 32-bits version of Firefox and in that case you need to install java 8 update 101 (32-bit) go to the Java download page and click from the link Windows Offline this file will not include any unneeded extras like the ASK Toolbar.

• Please do not PM me asking for support. Post on the forums instead it will increases the chances of getting help for your problem by one of us.
• Posts in the Malware section that are not replied to within 4 days will be closed. PM me or a moderator to reactivate.
• Please post your final results, good or bad. We like to know! Thank you!

Proud graduate of GeekU and member of UNITE
___
Rui

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users