Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need help to build new website for computer repair shop

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Royal9999

Royal9999

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 26 September 2016 - 01:44 AM

Hi everyone,

I am newbie and I would like to learn how to build the website completely. I have some basic knowledge about HTML and Java Scripts. But I don't have much time to spend on coding.

So my question is: 

Do we have any solution to build the website like this computer repair website: www.tcprofessional.com.au ? (I can write contents but I don't know how to make layouts)

Also I would love to learn how to make the website visible on google search. Because when I search "computer repair" or "laptop repair" the result show a list of website from other people. Should they use some technique to boost their website to be appeared on the google?

My last question is: if it is too complicated, how much do I have to pay if I need the web design service completely?

Thank you very much for reading my question. I am waiting for your support.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 BrigPilgrim

BrigPilgrim

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:16 PM

Posted 26 September 2016 - 06:10 AM

If you are just putting out a business card, an easy free solution is to put up a free site on google sites.  Then link your domain with a redirect to the google site. I have used this as a temporary solution while I am working on the finished site. 

To up your visibility, there are a lot of hosting companies out there (google, godaddy, wix ect) that have built in website builder programs for less than $10 US a month.  It can be as simple or as complicated as you want to make it.

I get most of my traffic from old fashion business cards and word of mouth, so I don't know if I would put a lot of resources in a website.  Their are too many "Tech Support"  on line solutions that are on line scams out there.

Good luck to you.

~

Edited by BrigPilgrim, 26 September 2016 - 06:13 AM.

#3 Royal9999

Royal9999
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 26 September 2016 - 09:49 AM

Thank you very much for your reply, I will take note on your suggestion. I plan to work from home so I think I need a website with a few booking feature. If it is not too expensive or too technical I would like to have one.

These day everyone is online and they are looking for their need mainly on google, and me too. So I think I better dig to this new industry.

Again, I highly appreciate your reply! Love ya!

#4 HolyCowz

HolyCowz

• Members
  • 168 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:16 PM

Posted 11 November 2016 - 02:40 PM

Hello

I think you could do this your self using just HTML and CSS in a very short time.

CSS is what you need for the layout of the page don't worry it's very easy to learn like HTML.

You can learn how to make a page like the one you showed in probably a week.

Notpad ++ to code in.

https://notepad-plus-plus.org/

Code academy to learn CSS and HTML.

https://www.codecademy.com/

Web site optimization

https://searchenginewatch.com/2016/01/21/seo-basics-22-essentials-you-need-for-optimizing-your-site/

Hope that helps a little :)

#5 dinotech-stjames

dinotech-stjames

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:16 PM

Posted 09 December 2016 - 02:12 AM

I recently built a website for a friend for the exact same type of business. I have lost most of my html knowledge, and never got around to learning CSS so I've opted for wordpress on all my latest websites. The caveat is that shared hosting is usually slow for wordpress, but for a simple 5-10 page website it's usually not an issue.

I suppose you want to target local search results, for example - computer repair "city name" 

So make sure you create headings and pages that match the search terms - eg:
http://tcprofessional.com.au/index.php/our-services/mac-pc-repair/
http://tcprofessional.com.au/index.php/our-services/water-damage-repair/

Also, here's an awesome tip for local SEO on wordpress, invest 50$ into Yoast local seo, it boosted our rankings really quickly. It might not be enough to beat out all your competitors, but it will do the initial local google legwork to get you in the running simply by entering your address and business info in the settings

Good luck!

#6 computer-newbie

computer-newbie

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 26 March 2017 - 02:12 PM

Hi Op,

There are so many free website builder out there. Start with the free ones, you can try wordpress, wix, weebly, strikingly and many others. They are so easy to customize, change template and best of all free.

To make the website appears on google, you can learn more about SEO. It's a huge topic to write here :)

Hope it helps.

#7 PaleChristopher

PaleChristopher

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 06 May 2017 - 08:07 PM

A website template will indeed save you time in terms of design and basic web features such as navigation and client-side validation. So I strongly recommend you to look up some free templates online and perhaps use one of them. With some basic HTML, CSS and JS knowledge you should be able to redesign your website template with no problems. As far as back-end code goes, you might wanna code it yourself or hire a developer to do it for you.

Often times, when you buy hosting from companies like HostGator they offer SEO and many other features that might help you with web traffic. Good luck!

#8 Ravenlaughing

Ravenlaughing

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:16 PM

Posted 24 May 2017 - 10:42 AM

If you aren't expecting viral traffic loads, use inexpensive web hosting and build your site with WordPress. It is easy enough to use and infinitely customizable and expandable. Use a plugin like Yoast SEO to handle your seo. RCG Forest is a good free general use theme that is easily customizable, but there are many more to choose from that may also serve your needs.

For hosting, my favorite is GreenGeeks.
Www.greengeeks.com/track/homesteadmedia/cp-default

Good luck.

Disclosure: Link is an affiliate link. I will receive a commission of you make a purchase.

#9 managel

managel

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:16 AM

Posted 30 September 2017 - 06:25 AM

The OP only wanted to insert links to his website using exact match anchor text.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users