Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Best Motherboard for Photo Editing

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mlg33

mlg33

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:44 PM

Posted 25 September 2016 - 10:17 PM

Using Adobe Creative Cloud (LR and PS), along with various add-on filters and additonal editing programs, my motherboard (cpu and max memory) is not adequate. I presently have an i7 930, 24GB DDR3 memory and Win 7 Prof and 1000 watt power supply.  The motherboard is an Asus P6X58D Premuim.  Almost all my disks are fast Samsung SSDs including two small SSDs one for virtual memory and one as a scratch disk for Adobe photo programs.  I'm using 7 internal disks which are all SATA 3.

Graphics card is an NVIDIA 750 which I thought was on Photoshop's OK list but turns out to fall one model short of ok.

I'll either try to upgrade the board, the CPU and memory, or just get another computer.  I always have them made to order. 

I'm looking to find a motherboard which will be as future-proof for photography as possible,  made by a company that provides better support and updates than Asus.

Thoughts and suggestions are needed and welcomed.

Edited by hamluis, 26 September 2016 - 02:25 PM.
Moved from Buying New to Building/Upgrading - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Drillingmachine

Drillingmachine

• Members
  • 2,316 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:44 AM

Posted 26 September 2016 - 05:36 AM

Right now best choice would be Intel LGA2011-3 platform.

However AMD Is quite soon releasing Zen CPU's and 8 core 16 thread model should work well exactly for that use.

#3 Zone_86

Zone_86

• Members
  • 303 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:44 PM

Posted 08 October 2016 - 03:55 AM

I agree with that wait and see what AMD will have and how good it actually is. Won't be long for release the 1st processors will hit before 2017. I think about mid Dec.

Edited by Zone_86, 08 October 2016 - 03:56 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users