Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Random Black Screen for 3 to 5 Seconds.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 ForgottenKitten

ForgottenKitten

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:53 PM

Posted 25 September 2016 - 09:11 PM

I recently purchased a new graphics card (Nvidia 1060 non-gaming) to replace my old one (nvidia 620), which was experiencing random graphics failures, and wanted to upgrade. (I figured out the problem, it was it was overheating, the fan was going way too slow). But now with my new graphics card, I have been just been experiencing random 3-5 second black screens constantly in about a 10 second interval. I can still do things like type, but just it is black but the background actions are still going on. I have reseated multiple times, and when I put back in the previous graphics card the computer works fine, just with the problems of black screen due to the graphics card overheating. In addition, the screen seems to have a slight hint of yellow through the screen. Any way to fix my problem?

I have: 16 gigs of RAM

1/2 terrabyte of space left

Updated drivers

More than enough power

Everything else seems to be fine.

Possible causes: Using a DVI-D to VGA converter into my monitor.

The card itself.

More?

I would love a reply, and any insight would be very much appreciated.

Edited by ForgottenKitten, 25 September 2016 - 09:15 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users