Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

THANK YOU - Windows Update Failure FINALLY FIXED

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 GoTitans

GoTitans

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:39 PM

Posted 25 September 2016 - 11:46 AM

I have dealt with an issue of windows being unable to perform updates, or being unable to update other software such as Adobe Reader, and Office was crashing.

This came about with an update back in May 2016.  I had turned off the computer while it was attempting to shut down.  For the past five months I've spent countless hours (more than I care to admit) and tried EVERYTHING that I came across online, and I do mean everything.

I was getting an error code of 80080005 and zero updates were shown in the windows update history.  The computer properties showed that Windows wasn't activated or valid and displayed no product ID.  The Office suite (Word, Excel, etc.) also showed no activation and would only allow work to be performed for a few minutes before locking up.  Each time the computer was shut down it would hang when attempting to shutdown after this message "Preparing to configure Windows... Do not turn off your computer" and I would have to do a hard shutdown.

It was driving me mad, insane I tell you, but I kept researching for a solution, not wanting to do a fresh install.

I finally found a solution here on this site, and whomever created this tool is a God.

THANK YOU

THANK YOU

THANK YOU

I can finally delete about 100 bookmarks related to the issue and supposed fixes.

The only solution that worked, yesterday, was this:

Windows Repair (All In One) 3.9.11 Download

I have to go, because Windows wants to restart from performing more updates.....FINALLY.

THANK YOU

THANK YOU

THANK YOU

To clarify, I followed the instructions within the tool exactly as described.

I consider myself a power user, and work with computers everyday, but this one stumped me, a first.

Edited by GoTitans, 25 September 2016 - 11:57 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Willy22

Willy22

• Members
  • 945 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:39 PM

Posted 26 September 2016 - 01:28 AM

- You could post a "Thank You" on the "Tweaking.com" forum. That's where that program originates. And I DO know that the author of the program likes such "Thank You" posts.

http://www.tweaking.com/forums/index.php#c2

Edited by Willy22, 26 September 2016 - 01:30 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users