Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No Boot Up (asus A8v Deluxe)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 U2foreverU2

U2foreverU2

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:39 PM

Posted 20 August 2006 - 10:49 AM

I have an AMD Athlon 64 3500+ (Venice 939) Rev. DH-E3). Mobo Asus A8V Deluxe, Chipset Via K8T800Pro, AMD Hammer. 4 x 512 PC-3200 DDR-SDRAM (manufactured by S3+). Grapic Card Saphire Radeon 9250 (256 MB).

A few weeks ago my PSU stopped working, because the electricity in the house went down a few times with my computer on.
When I booted up the system everytime I heard some soft clocks. On the front panel light the green light showed up and right the red light. And it seemed if my computer tried several times to start up without succeeding.
Sometimes (after turning of the power and switching it on again) it started up but immediately my system gives an error "System Failed to CPU overclocking). Strange because I had never touched anything !
So I went back to the store where I bought my PC. The guy replaced the PSU (with a new Tecnoware Powersystems FAL500PRO2. Don't ask me if it's a good one because I don't know).
But unfortunately everytime I had the same problems and same message.
So I went on several forums to search for some suggestions and did all I can hoping my problem could be resolved: Cleared CMBIOS, updated to Bios version 1017.002, took memory sticks out and left one in to check if the memory sticks were defected. Tried to change some things in Bios settings, but until today nothing helped.
But finally today something (at least it seems !!) changed!

In my BIOS I loaded the default settings and the I saw that in the ADVANCED section there is an option AI overclocking. And even with the default settings loaded it's on AUTO. But in the manual of my Asus A8V deluxe there written STANDARD. So I changed that to STANDARD. Also I changed my AGP Aperture size to 64 MB (first it was on 256 MB).
I heard that some ATI (Saphire) Radeon cards sometimes have some conflicts with AMD stuff, but I don't know if that's correct.
Anyway after these new settings I have already managed to boot up 5 times today without problems and without any error message.
I don't know if I did the right thing or that it is just luck, but it works for me and I hope also tomorrow my system will boot up. Now I'm "happy" after 2 weeks of getting crazy searching everywhere to find the problem.
I have seen also on this forum there are lots of people with Boot Up problems and some had almost the same things I had. So I'd like to know if someone give me some suggestions and my PC configuration, my BIOS settings etc. Maybe also my Graphic card is not "good" enough in combination with the other hardware on my PC.
So.....if anyone likes to say something I would be grateful.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 20 August 2006 - 11:55 AM

What's the aperature the graphics card is supposed to have?

One suggestion - get a cheap UPS battery constant power supply.

Even a small one will enable your computer to shut down if there's another power surge or disconnect, in fact, they come with the software to do just that.

That can save you a motherboard, cpu and power supply replacement.

#3 U2foreverU2

U2foreverU2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 20 August 2006 - 02:22 PM

Dear "Enthusiast",
I have to check what aperture size my graphic card suppose to have because onestly I don't.

But besides from that and besides I agree about the UPS, do you think I found the right solution or do you think I have to make some other changements in my system ??

What's the aperature the graphics card is supposed to have?

One suggestion - get a cheap UPS battery constant power supply.

Even a small one will enable your computer to shut down if there's another power surge or disconnect, in fact, they come with the software to do just that.

That can save you a motherboard, cpu and power supply replacement.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users