Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Some mothers do have them.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Beel

• Members
  • 401 posts
  • Local time:10:51 PM

Posted 25 September 2016 - 07:44 AM

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 georgehenry

• Members
  • 400 posts
  • Local time:02:51 PM

Posted 25 September 2016 - 11:56 AM

I was a passenger in my wife's car yesterday. The phone buzzed as we were driving along a motorway. My wife took the next exit and stopped as soon as she could to return the call. It was a friend wishing her happy birthday. We were home in half an hour. I asked her why she didn't just drive home, as we were so close, and answer it there. "It might have been something urgent" was her reply. What could she possibly do if it was something urgent. A few years ago we both got mobile phones for "emergency use" She spends probably an hour or two every day on the phone. I have never used my phone except to test it when it was new. What is this fascination with mobiles?

#3 Guest_hollowface_*

• Guests

Posted 25 September 2016 - 12:44 PM

she was given a $900 fine and 14 demerit points.

Demerit points are penalties that are allocated for a range of driving offences.

I don't get it. What are demerits? They sound redundant of fines.

#4 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,079 posts

Posted 26 September 2016 - 03:59 PM

In the UK and a number of other countries penalty points are awarded as well as monetary fines. The exact details differ from one country to another but as an example from the UK.

'Ordinary' speeding - 35-40 mph in a 30 zone - would get you a fine of about £UK 100 and 3 penalty points. Pick up 12 points inside two years and you lose your licence for 6 months.

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users