Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Upgrading motherboard CPU and RAM

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ShiKiba

ShiKiba

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:39 AM

Posted 25 September 2016 - 06:44 AM

Hello i am planning on upgrading my pc and want to double check with others did I pick everything correctly.

ASROCK H110M-DGS LGA1151 2xDDR4 Max RAM 32GB DVI 2xUSB3 +
KINGSTON 8GB 2133MHz Savage 2x4 DDR4
Intel core i3-6100
Gonna use my current card Nvidia GT 730 (yes i know it is weak but i dont have more money atm)

So will it all be compatible, will the ram and CPU fit into MOB?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,379 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:39 PM

Posted 25 September 2016 - 06:53 AM

Motherboard Specs

As long as components meet stated specs...there should not be compatibility issues, IMO.

Louis

#3 ShiKiba

ShiKiba
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 25 September 2016 - 07:01 AM

I'm confident about the Cpu since it supports intel 6th gen which is intel core i3-6100 but about the ram i have doubts, yes it is 2133 mhz and non-ecc and unbuffered but i heard you have to check how many pins it has and i don't know where to find how many pins this MOB supports

#4 Drillingmachine

Drillingmachine

• Members
  • 2,476 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:39 AM

Posted 25 September 2016 - 09:53 AM

I'm confident about the Cpu since it supports intel 6th gen which is intel core i3-6100 but about the ram i have doubts, yes it is 2133 mhz and non-ecc and unbuffered but i heard you have to check how many pins it has and i don't know where to find how many pins this MOB supports

DDR4 unbuffered non-ecc is 288 pins. And motherboard supports that memory.

What's your old system? I cannot recommend i3-6100 as it's very expensive for being only dual core CPU.

#5 ShiKiba

ShiKiba
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 25 September 2016 - 12:30 PM

DDR4 unbuffered non-ecc is 288 pins. And motherboard supports that memory.

What's your old system? I cannot recommend i3-6100 as it's very expensive for being only dual core CPU.

my old CPU was:
Intel Pentium E5500  dual core 2.8ghz
2GB DDR2 ram

i know it has 2 cores, but since i am not multitasking it will be enough, and in tests this dual core processor beats AMD Octa core 

#6 Drillingmachine

Drillingmachine

• Members
  • 2,476 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:39 AM

Posted 25 September 2016 - 02:12 PM

In low core use tests yes. On multitasking it gets beaten very badly by AMD octa core.

Since two cores is enough, I suggest getting cheaper dual core like Pentium G4400.

Edited by Drillingmachine, 25 September 2016 - 02:13 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users