Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Is This Enough Anti-spy?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 socom 004

socom 004

• Members
  • 243 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:29 AM

Posted 20 August 2006 - 10:41 AM

I am currently running Webroot Spysweeper at all times on my computer(auto). My Pc-cillin also has an anti-spyware segment which monitors. Manually I run Spybot S&D 2-3 times a week. Is this enough protection as for as anti-spyware? I'm tired of messing around with Ad-aware, it stopped updating 80 + days ago.
HP Pavillion a1723w, 820 dual-core processor, 250 G hard drive, 3 G RAM
Windows Vista Home Premium
Norton 360, Windows Defender, Webroot SpySweeper, AVG Anti-Spyware Free Edition, Spybot S&D
Altec Lansing Sound Speakers

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 FifeFlyer

FifeFlyer

• Members
  • 101 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:29 PM

Posted 20 August 2006 - 01:48 PM

Hi socom 004 , i would say you're pretty well protected but Adaware is a good free addition to your security so if it's giving you problems why don't you try reinstalling it.

You could also reduce the workload on your anti spy ware apps by downloading Spywareblaster a very good free app which prevents much of the crap from getting on your pc in the first place.

#3 socom 004

socom 004
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 243 posts
  •  

Posted 20 August 2006 - 02:04 PM

I'm happy with the Spy Sweeper, it does a good job. I would like to have another one I can run manually. I have reinstalled Ad Aware 3 times.
Norton 360, Windows Defender, Webroot SpySweeper, AVG Anti-Spyware Free Edition, Spybot S&D

#4 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  

Posted 20 August 2006 - 02:27 PM

Hi socom 004

The info at these links should prove helpful. :thumbsup:

Virus & Malware Resources

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/405/antivirus-antimalware-and-antispyware-resources/

Freeware Replacements For Common Commercial Apps

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic3616.html

Last but not least

Simple steps to keep your computer secure!
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/1628/simple-steps-to-keep-your-computer-secure/

Edited by Scarlett, 20 August 2006 - 02:28 PM.

Posted Image

#5 socom 004

socom 004
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 243 posts
  •  

Posted 20 August 2006 - 06:57 PM

I reinstalled Ad Aware again and it does the same thing, stalls around 1600 and still won't update. I installed A squared again. It has a new look to it, maybe they have made some improvements on it. I had it before and it seemed to do OK, it just takes a long time to scan. Thanks. :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users