Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Everything goes wrong after installing graphics card

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 IvanMilan

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 25 September 2016 - 05:17 AM

Computer specifications:

Processor - AMD A4-5300 + onboard graphics

Motherboard - EMAXX A55FM2HD-iCAFE

RAM: 2x2 gb DDR3

PSU: AnyPower, total output of 450w

HDD: 360gb HDD

So, it started when I attempted to add a dedicated graphics card into the CPU. The card is: MSI CYCLONE R4770 (I just watched some videos on how to add a graphics card to the computer)

I opened the computer, placed the card into its PCI-E slot, connected the power supply cable. and screwed it in place.

Note: I didn't install the drivers before installing the video card.

1. Now, i turned on the computer and had a tv connected through the motherboard via HDMI cable. It showed nothing, so i tried connecting the HDMI cable to the video card, also nothing.

2. So I got a smaller monitor, and connected the DCMI to the video card (I didn't bother trying connecting it to the motherboard first)

and then the APTIO Setup thingy popped up, I had no idea what this is so i just chose the default settings and saved it. It restarted, but to my confusion, it just goes back to the APTIO Setup in a loop. So what I tried under the "boot settings" if im not wrong, I enabled an option called the "Fail-Safe" mode. So after that it just restarted again, and then POOF. THE MONITOR CANNOT DETECT ANY SIGNAL FROM THE PC. IDK WHAT TO DO ANYMORE.

What i'm thinking of now is I should've installed the drivers first, but then I had no disc, the video card was just a gift. So I was just planning to download it in the internet. At any rate, I don't know what to do now. Someone help me.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 IvanMilan

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 25 September 2016 - 08:27 AM

Closing this post. I'm getting help from another form already. :)

#3 dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,173 posts
  • Local time:07:13 AM

Posted 25 September 2016 - 09:54 AM

What is the model of this AnyPower  PSU?

Are you running Crossfire?

If you are running the MSI Cyclone R470 in Crossfire you will need a PSU with a 34A 12v rail and be able to provide 750W.

If you are not running Crossfire you still need a PSU with a 26A 12v rail with the ability to produce 400 -500 Watts.

Removing the dedicated card for the time being was a good suggestion.  This should enable the integrated graphics.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users