Please do the following. You will need to download the SeaTools for DOS and burn the ISO image to a disc. Rather than starting the operating system the diagnostic will run.
Please download SeaTool for DOS
to your desktop. This will make it easy to find the ISO file.
When the SeaTools for DOS website opens click on I Accept, then click on the Download button.
This download is a ISO image which you will need to burn to a CD or DVD in order to create a bootable disc which can be used to run the diagnostic tests.
To burn this ISO file to a CD or DVD use the instructions below.
Notice: This applies only to Windows 7 and Windows 8, earlier versions do not have this.
1. Place a blank CD or DVD in the tray of your optical drive and close the tray.
2. After you have downloaded the ISO image you want to burn right click on the Start orb, then choose Windows Explorer.
3. When Explorer opens click on Downloads in the left pane. Scroll down till you find the ISO file you want and double click on it. Click on Burn Disk Image.
4. In the image below you will see Disk burner:, this should be set to the optical drive you want to use. Click on Verify disc after burning if you want to Windows to verity the disc image after burn. Click on burn.
5. In the image below you can see that the green progress bar, when the image is finished burning the bar will be filled.
6. After the image has completed being burned click on Close.
Once the disc is created load it in the CD/DVD drive and restart the computer.
If the disc is recognized you should receive a message instructing you to press any key to continue to boot from the disc.
Please note: You may need to change the boot order in the BIOS so the CD/DVD-ROM is the first device in the boot order, and the hdd is the second device.
Please run the short test and include the results in your next post in this topic.