Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mi pc crashes when i play any game

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 XEND

XEND

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:32 PM

Posted 24 September 2016 - 01:53 PM

Hi, i just started having this problem a few days ago. I play in a laptop, and i know that is not recommended because of the specs but i usually only play League of legends which don't represent much trouble running in my PC.  But now whenever i'm 5 or more minutes in game the PC crashes with the screen freezing and the sound loops itself. I run several test which told me the the graphic card was running ok. 

My specs are:
Model: Inspiron 5558
Bios: A13
CPU:  Intel Core i7 - 5500U
GPU: Intel HD Graphics 5500

I just update the drivers manually just to see if it solved my problem, but i dont know if i did it right. 
Thank you very much for your attention, and sorry for my bad English.  :love4u:

Edit: Moved topic from Computer Gaming to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 XEND

XEND
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  

Posted 26 September 2016 - 10:16 AM

I think the problem might be the dirctX, because the Pc only crashes with games that "uses" (i really dont know) directX.

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:32 PM

Posted 27 September 2016 - 07:27 AM

Sorry for the delay in responding - I don't get notified when a topic is moved into the forums (and haven't been able to check manually in the recent past)

As this is a laptop, please be sure that you're:

- using the laptop on hard surface, with none of the vents on the side/back being obstructed

- cleaned out the vents using canned air (DO NOT USE a vacuum or an air compressor - you can physically damage the system that way).

- and you may want to consider using a laptop cooling pad to force more cool air into the vents

Wait until the system freezes/crashes, then recover and immediately generate these 2 sets of reports:

Report Set #1)  Please run this report collecting tool (even though you may not be experiencing BSOD's) so that we can provide a complete analysis: (from the pinned topic at the top of the forum)   http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/
FYI - I don't often use the Perfmon report, so if it doesn't work please just let me know.

NOTE:
Please zip up the (.ZIP) files - do not use .RAR or other compression utilities. 
.ZIP is the type file that can be uploaded to the forums.

Report Set #2)  Please do the following:
- open Event Viewer (run eventvwr.msc from the "Run" dialog)
- expand the Custom Views category (left click on the > next to the words "Custom Views")
- right click on the "Administrative Events" heading
- select "Save all Events in Custom View as..."
- save the file as Admin.evtx
- zip up the file (right click on it, select "Send to", select "Compressed (zipped) folder")
- upload it with your next post (if it's too big, then upload it to a free file-hosting service and post a link here).

FYI - If we're looking for Event ID 41 errors (unexplained shutdowns), there's more info on that here:  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2028504

While waiting for a reply, please monitor your temps with this free utility: 

SpeedFan v. 4.5.1 and later (free from here:  http://www.almico.com/sfdownload.php ) can log temperatures in a CSV file:
You may not need to log temps - if uncertain, please ask.

To make it work (log the temps to a file) you have to do BOTH of the below:

1. Enable logging in general: Configure...Log...check "Enabled" then click on OK to save.

2. Enable logging for specific checks: Configure...Temperatures..left click on each sensor, then click on "Logged" at the bottom of the Window (for our purposes we want them all) then once you've selected "Logged" for all sensors, then click on OK to save.

The log will be located at C:\Program Files (x86)\SpeedFan

Naming: log files are named SFLogYYYYMMDD.csv, where YYYY is the year (four digits), MM is the month (2 digits, zero padded) and DD is the day (2 digits, zero padded). If a file already exists by that name, the file that already exists is renamed according to the following naming scheme: SFLogYYYYMMDD-CCCC.csv, where CCCC is a increasing number. The new file is then created with the standard file name scheme.

Notes: whenever you change the options related with logging, SpeedFan starts a new log file.

NOTE:You may want to turn logging off when we're done - as I don't know it's impact on performance or on the system.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#4 XEND

XEND
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  

Posted 04 October 2016 - 08:47 AM

Hi thank you for replying, sorry for being late i had a lot of work.

Here are the first two Zip files 

Attached Files

#5 XEND

XEND
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  

Posted 04 October 2016 - 08:49 AM

Here are the other two

Thank you very much for all your help  :clapping:

Attached Files

#6 usasma

usasma

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 04 October 2016 - 04:51 PM

Temps look OK

Hundreds of app errors in the Admin log file

Either post for help in the W10 forums, or do a Reset using the Keep My Files option

True Color program shows repeated errors in the Admin logfile

Please uninstall it, then download and install a fresh, W10 compatible version

I didn't see anything of note in the Perfmon log file

Your UEFI/BIOS (version A13) dates from 2016.  Please check at the manufacturer's website to see if there are any UEFI/BIOS updates available for your system.  This is just in case there has been a more recent update.
FYI - W8 and W10 communicate more with the UEFI/BIOS than previous versions of Windows, so it's important to ensure that the UEFI/BIOS is kept up to date (and that outdated UEFI/BIOS' may be the cause of some compatibility issues).

Although you appear to have a reasonable number of Windows Update hotfixes for this version of your OS, please double check for any new Windows Updates.  It only takes one update to cause a problem, so it's essential that you have all of them.  The actual number is not important.  Rather it's important that you checked manually, installed any available updates, and didn't experience any errors when checking or updating.

As there are no indications of errors causing the crash (other than the Apps and True Color problems), I'd suggest that you start with these free hardware diagnostics:  http://www.carrona.org/hwdiag.html

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#7 XEND

XEND
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  

Posted 07 October 2016 - 11:13 AM

Sorry but can this be the problem?

http://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2016/08/15/microsoft-warns-windows-10-anniversary-update-crashes-problems/#381862ba7745 

#8 usasma

usasma

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 08 October 2016 - 11:27 AM

Sorry, but I can't access that article - it doesn't like my ad-blocker.

Do you have another link?

#9 XEND

XEND
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  

Posted 10 October 2016 - 09:52 AM

The ‘Anniversary Update’ is the largest and most important Windows 10 upgrade so far. It is also compulsory, but as it began rolling out reports followed that the mega update is causing PCs to freeze. NowMicrosoft MSFT +0.10% has confirmed one major issue and admitted it currently does not have a fix…

Taking to its Microsoft Answers support site, the company has posted a new and self explanatory topic titled: ‘Windows 10 may freeze after installing the Anniversary Update’ and states there have been:

“Microsoft has received a small number of reports of Windows 10 freezing after installing the Anniversary Update on systems with the operating system stored on a solid-state drive (SSD) and apps and data stored on a separate drive. This issue does not occur when starting Windows 10 in Safe Mode. If you are experiencing this issue, we will be providing updates to this thread…We ask for your patience while we continue our investigation and please check back on this thread for an update.”

The reference to “a small number” remains to be seen. The Reddit thread where these problems were first discussed has close to 1,000 comments from affected users and the Microsoft Answers page already has 35 pages of comments from distressed users at the time of publication. I have also been contacted by a number of affected users since writing about this last week. 

Of course with a user base in the hundreds of millions, scale is impossible to tell but certainly even a small proportion can result in several million users being hit. I remain in discussions with Microsoft about the problem. 

I just copy/paste it, do you think this might be a solution?

The good news is that while a fix is not ready, Microsoft does offer a workaround.

The company tells affected users to open the Recovery Console and rollback to a previous Windows 10 build or even Windows 7 or Windows 8 if their entitlement still exists. Given the problem stops many users’ PCs from booting correctly, Microsoft offers a solution to do this from Safe Mode:

1. Restart your PC. When you get to the sign-in screen, hold the Shift key down while you select Power > Restart.
  2. After your PC restarts to the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings > Restart.
  3. After your PC restarts, you’ll see a list of options. Select 4 or F4 to start your PC in Safe Mode.
  4. Open the Settings app.
  5. Select Update & security and then the Recovery tab.
  6. Under “Go back to an earlier build”, click the Get started button and follow the instructions.

Interestingly a lot of users are disputing Microsoft’s claims that you need to have PC where Windows is installed on an SSD and apps and data on a separate drive to be affected. Many with just a single SSD in their PC say they are impacted too and that’s a standard setup for millions of PC owners these days.

#10 usasma

usasma

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 11 October 2016 - 07:46 AM

It won't hurt to try a rollback - if you are able.

I would strongly suggest backing up your stuff - just in case something goes wrong with the rollback.

#11 XEND

XEND
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  

Posted 12 October 2016 - 10:16 AM

I think the problem might be solved, i run the windows compatidility tool on the game itself, to run it on Win 7 the game is working just fine. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users