Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Videos in Browers and YouTube Won't Play

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 CMC7

CMC7

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:20 AM

Posted 24 September 2016 - 12:10 PM

What area would I go to so I can find out how to fix this annoying Shockwave Flash crash issue? 
Reading some of the things on this website has been such a great help, but I just can't seem to understand what to do about these crashes. Sometimes if I click the 'reload' it works god for awhile... but other times I have to 'restart' the machine.

I get "Shockwave Flash not repsonding", "has Crashed" etc

If I continue to click "reload this page" about 7-10 times it will sometimes begin to play.

I ran Windows Fix (all in one) Tweaking Windows and for a about an hour or so seemed everything ran great.

Then thing declined to the same issues. There must be something I can do, short of totally reinstalling Windows 10.

I have removed and re-installed Shockwave Flash.

I would appreciate anyone's help.
Michael Carruthers

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:20 AM

Posted 24 September 2016 - 01:45 PM

Use CCleaner to delete all temporary files including web browsers cache and cookies.

Make sure your computer is not infected with malware infection you can run MalwareBytes and if you are infected ask for malware checkup at below link.

Am I Infected? What do I do? How do I get help? Who is helping me?

Install all Windows important updates.

Turn off Hardware Acceleration for Flash Player to test if the Hardware Acceleration is causing the issue.

How do I do a clean install of Flash Player?

If you are using Internet Explorer Turn Off ActiveX Filtering.

Install latest versions of graphic card driver you can found the latest version of the graphic card driver from its manufacturer website.

Edited by FreeBooter, 24 September 2016 - 01:47 PM.

Share your knowledge. Its a way to achieve immortality.
- Dalai Lama

#3 opera

opera

• Members
  • 950 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:20 AM

Posted 25 September 2016 - 12:47 AM

Are you talking about Flash Player or Shockwave Flash Player (they are different)

See here for troubleshooting

http://www.shockwave.com/help/faq_flashplayer.jsp

,,,also in Win 10 Flash Player is an autoupdate.

Edited by opera, 25 September 2016 - 12:48 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users