I'm Bezukhov, and I will be looking into this
no autorun.inf killers are detecting this virus,
What have you run so far? Whatever it was, please save any log files from them.
Some things to keep in mind:
- Please do not run any tools on your own while we solve this. Some are rather powerful, and using one at the wrong moment can have catastrophic effects. Also please refrain from seeking help for this problem elsewhere. Too many cooks spoils the broth.
- Next, it is important that the instructions given be performed in the order given. We may need one tool to finish its job before another one starts.
- If at any time my instructions are not clear stop and ask for clarification.
- Rather than attach any logs to your post it is better that you copy and paste them instead, except if instructed otherwise.
- Any program that I ask you run should only be run once.
- As soon as your computer is clean I will let you know.
- Please try to complete any tasks and reply in 24 to 48 hours. I will try to do likewise.
- Lastly, do not make any changes to your computer from here on out until you get an "All Clear" from me.
Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your Desktop.
Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system, download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.
- Right-click FRST then click "Run as administrator" (XP users: click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File).
- When the tool opens, click Yes to disclaimer.
- Press the Scan button.
- When finished, it will produce a log called FRST.txt in the same directory the tool was run from.
- Please copy and paste the log in your next reply.
Note 2: The first time the tool is run it generates another log (Addition.txt - also located in the same directory the tool was run from). Please also paste that, along with the FRST.txt into your next reply.
Edited by Bezukhov, 27 September 2016 - 07:35 AM.