Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

EXEs turned into .INKs and CMD does not open! autorun.if and more!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 TechnoManiac98

TechnoManiac98

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 24 September 2016 - 03:40 AM

i do not know how this happened, basically my elder brother is dumb, he downloaded something while i was away and infected the computer with some sort of autorun.inf, none autoeun.inf killers are detecting this virus, CMD just closes on launch! 

OS Windows 10 pro

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TechnoManiac98

TechnoManiac98
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 24 September 2016 - 04:08 AM

UPDATE! looks like only the files in D and E drives are affected also TASK MANAGER is closing on startup just like CMD

#3 Bezukhov

Bezukhov

Bleepin' Jazz Fan!

• Members
  • 2,618 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:07 AM

Posted 27 September 2016 - 07:30 AM

I'm Bezukhov, and I will be looking into this

no autorun.inf killers are detecting this virus,

What have you run so far? Whatever it was, please save any log files from them.

Some things to keep in mind:

• Please do not run any tools on your own while we solve this. Some are rather powerful, and using one at the wrong moment can have catastrophic effects. Also please refrain from seeking help for this problem elsewhere. Too many cooks spoils the broth.
  • Next, it is important that the instructions given be performed in the order given. We may need one tool to finish its job before another one starts.
  • If at any time my instructions are not clear stop and ask for clarification.
  • Rather than attach any logs to your post it is better that you copy and paste them instead, except if instructed otherwise.
  • Any program that I ask you run should only be run once.
  • As soon as your computer is clean I will let you know.
  • Please try to complete any tasks and reply in 24 to 48 hours. I will try to do likewise.
  • Lastly, do not make any changes to your computer from here on out until you get an "All Clear" from me.

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your Desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system, download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.

• Right-click FRST then click "Run as administrator" (XP users: click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File).
  • When the tool opens, click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Press the Scan button.
  • When finished, it will produce a log called FRST.txt in the same directory the tool was run from.
  • Please copy and paste the log in your next reply.

Note 2: The first time the tool is run it generates another log (Addition.txt - also located in the same directory the tool was run from). Please also paste that, along with the FRST.txt into your next reply. 

Edited by Bezukhov, 27 September 2016 - 07:35 AM.

To err is Human. To blame it on someone else is even more Human.

#4 Bezukhov

Bezukhov

Bleepin' Jazz Fan!

• Members
  • 2,618 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:07 AM

Posted 30 September 2016 - 04:19 AM

Do you still need help?
To err is Human. To blame it on someone else is even more Human.

#5 thcbytes

thcbytes

• Malware Response Team
  • 14,790 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:07 AM

Posted 03 October 2016 - 06:22 PM

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is now closed.

In the event you still have problems, please send me or any Moderator a Private Message and ask them to reopen this topic within the next 5 days.

Please include a link to your topic in the Private Message. Thank you.
Proud member - Unified Network of Instructors and Trained Eliminators
Posted Image

I do not accept personal donations for assistance provided. I would ask that you instead consider donating the greatest gift - Organ Donation. Your organs are of no use to you when your gone. You will save a life that would otherwise be lost!

http://donatelife.net/register-now/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users